Drag Truck Part 2 "blackmark redemption"

-
As far as j peg he's still on ignore and has the DA rating.

But I did stay at a Days Inn while in Indy.

I know this advice wasn't meant for me, but I needed it! Out I go!
my goal this week was to go out and take weight out of the truck each day. Been a good week, here is a quick picture of the pile, and we're just getting started!

DSCN2754.JPG

my goal this week was to go out and take weight out of the truck each day. Been a good week, here is a quick picture of the pile, and we're just getting started!

Looking over mine today, I think the first weight loss will be washing about 5 pounds of moss off of it. I really messed up by not dragging it out of the field Sunday when the ground was pretty dry. It is really sloppy now and more rain coming.

Sat my tunnel ram on the block again, it will take some surgery to the upper fire wall if I decide to run it. Not sure if I want to do that...,but I bought the TR for a reason.

318willrun, are you weighing parts as you remove them, or are you just going to re-weigh the truck after you pull a bunch off? My wife has a postal scale that goes up to 500 pounds, so I will weigh parts as I go.

318willrun, are you weighing parts as you remove them, or are you just going to re-weigh the truck after you pull a bunch off? My wife has a postal scale that goes up to 500 pounds, so I will weigh parts as I go.
yep..... impressed with what we've done so far.... :)

I would have lived with the 5 extra lbs for the stereo, to make the trips to and from the track more enjoyable.
Stereo and speakers behind seat - 17 lbs. Still have to remove the antenna, cord and if there is still a speaker under the dash.

still to go - manual steering, manual brakes, floor matting, heater box/fan, smaller rear bumper, some weight off the doors and hood. End gate stays on for the "Farm Look" (besides, my wife loves the end gate Dodge Ram decal). :) Other odds and ends I'm sure we'll find

still to go - manual steering, manual brakes, floor matting, heater box/fan, smaller rear bumper, some weight off the doors and hood. End gate stays on for the "Farm Look" (besides, my wife loves the end gate Dodge Ram decal). :) Other odds and ends I'm sure we'll find

If you have any aluminum plate, it is pretty easy to make an adapter for an aluminum master cyl.

RockAuto sells them cheap. I can't remember what the first year they used them on trucks, but they have the groove for the pushrod o ring.

That is what my son has on his Valiant.

If you have any aluminum plate, it is pretty easy to make an adapter for an aluminum master cyl.

RockAuto sells them cheap. I can't remember what the first year they used them on trucks, but they have the groove for the pushrod o ring.

That is what my son has on his Valiant.
I have the adaptor. I've had it for a few years

Oh! Add aluminum intake as well, and the aluminum rims I just bought yesterday for the front.... :)
Yeah, we are on a diet!!!!!!

The stereo receiver can’t be more than 2lbs.
A couple of door speakers...... maybe a couple lbs each?

I know it all adds up...... but....I just like a few amenities.

The stereo receiver can’t be more than 2lbs.
A couple of door speakers...... maybe a couple lbs each?

I know it all adds up...... but....I just like a few amenities.
I weighed it today. Stereo and 3 speakers (aftermarket behind the seat) were 17 lbs. There may be a speaker under the dash yet, and the antenna is being removed.
Goal is still 10's on 5k, while trying to keep the farm truck look.

I’m not doubting what you took out weighed.

I’m saying a working stereo in there could be done for under 10lbs.

If the track is 5 mins away, no biggie.
If it’s an hour each way....... I’d live with the extra 10lbs and keep the tunes.

It’s not my deal...... I’m just interjecting random observations.
Carry on.....

If it’s an hour each way....... I’d live with the extra 10lbs and keep the tunes.

Carry on.....
I get ya. We are leaving the bench seat in there because it's comfortable and we can seat 3. I'll most likely have company (somebody- wife, son, son-in-law, daughter) with me when we head down to the track. Also, when a person looks inside it, it will look like a farm truck as well. So, we'll be chatt'n anyways.

Last edited:

Carry on.....
If he ends up wanting music that badly, there are portable options available, but I personally don't know what the young people use these days.

If he ends up wanting music that badly, there are portable options available, but I personally don't know what the young people use these days.
I always thought a rough idle cam singing at a stop light with a hood vibrating keeping beat was good music

I always thought a rough idle cam singing at a stop light with a hood vibrating keeping beat was good music

C’mon....... when was the last time you put in a cam big enough to have a rough enough idle to vibrate the hood.

That cam in the 360 in your blue Duster should idle as smooth as a v12 Lincoln :usflag:

C’mon....... when was the last time you put in a cam big enough to have a rough enough idle to vibrate the hood.

That cam in the 360 in your blue Duster should idle as smooth as a v12 Lincoln :usflag:
you are absolutely correct. Been at least 12 years since I've "announced" my presence :D It's about to change.....

They use their phone with ear plug like we used a transistor radio in the 60 & 70s.

I guess that falls under the more things change, the more they stay the same category.

I should have known that, but I think you saw my old flip phone at Indy... its a "dumb phone" it only makes calls.

Lol...

-
Back