Drag Week 2019

-
Hey Cody (looking good man!) and all! Been away from site for a while ... gotta work to pay for all this ****! lol I haven't even had the time to do a DW2018 video.

This will be our third year. When we returned last year we found a couple bent axles (she was side-stepping on launch at the end), worn out springs, and some other crap. 2,000+ miles on the road, track runs at DW and a ton at home took some toll on her ... but to be expected. For a complete build we finished days before DW17 and tested (on track and road) during the event .. lol ... can't ask for anything better.

DW '19 is in our neck of the woods .. this is gonna be awesome!
Yeah will be our 3rd year as well. Looking forward to it! I've not spent much time in the Northeast so this will be fun seeing it. I love the routes they take us through, small town America.

Yeah will be our 3rd year as well. Looking forward to it! I've not spent much time in the Northeast so this will be fun seeing it. I love the routes they take us through, small town America.

Ya. But this area is a lottt more populated. It's going to be interesting ... lol .... But .... its what its all about ... say hi to the Mrs for us!

Got a little more progress done this weekend.

Hopefully have the engine and turbo in by the end of this month and started up in May.

Still need to set up the roll cage and trailer hitch but at coming along. Only a few more months!

8C48C53B-EA9D-4727-A31B-1097DB11AB68.jpeg

346F8FF0-18F1-4D26-AF6B-712A72849C66.jpeg

060A1D3A-1713-4B7C-A0C4-D94A6145FC68.jpeg

4392ADF9-904A-4E08-B10A-0F42300FF64D.jpeg

Your practically finished the car! Good luck I will be watching on YouTube for you....

Haha yeah I figure I can race on the stand that it’s on now. Pic is at nats last year when I picked it up

Got a bit more work to do but it’s came a long way since I got it.

84011A4E-A128-49E8-8EB8-5CF216468073.jpeg

Filled the car up with pump gas and drove about 30 miles. Stay out of the throttle and no detonation at 12.2 to 1. The hottest it got was 205 right off the highway. It will accelerate with traffic and up hills no detonation. It was BORING!!!!! But successful. I had to put a sign right in front of me saying “NO” so I wouldn’t hammer it! A kid in a honda kept poking me at a light, took all my self control to let him scamper away!

Filled the car up with pump gas and drove about 30 miles. Stay out of the throttle and no detonation at 12.2 to 1. The hottest it got was 205 right off the highway. It will accelerate with traffic and up hills no detonation. It was BORING!!!!! But successful. I had to put a sign right in front of me saying “NO” so I wouldn’t hammer it! A kid in a honda kept poking me at a light, took all my self control to let him scamper away!
Cool, so I'm guessing you'll be running pump gas on the street and race gas when you get to the tracks? If so, It'll take a lot of self control not to do burnouts leaving check points along the route :)

Cool, so I'm guessing you'll be running pump gas on the street and race gas when you get to the tracks? If so, It'll take a lot of self control not to do burnouts leaving check points along the route :)
Yes it will! Not to mention I will probably have a HEMI GTX poking me at every opportunity along the way!

Who's still going? What do you have left to do to the car? I've got to get it aligned and fix a pinion seal leak.

Made it to the 1/8 mile track the other day for some testing. Ran 6.75 @ 102 on only 5 lbs of boost. I think I've now got the boost leak fixed so can't wait to see what she'll do on 10 lbs. Let's see everybody's progress!

Took it for a drive on Monday in 100 degree heat and Nashville traffic. Started getting hot so had to fab up a fan shroud. I've never ran one because it never got hot before. Guess the new combo is making a lot more power so now it needs it. Hopefully the shroud will fix the over heating.

Dart 29.png

Dart 30.png

I’m almost done, hope to make a couple test hits next week. Should be a low 12 car hoping for high 11s normally aspirated. Turbo will be in the future for high 10s

AC461880-6F9D-473D-9D42-BA938D91F909.jpeg

57DB3D89-AD87-486D-A753-BE13B6CAE9B4.jpeg

0D2F6A4B-979F-483D-A7D9-95EF395E825B.jpeg

I’m out. A lot of factors have come into play and I’ve decided to not go. One of the big factors is the 2500 mile trip each way. With the savings of the cost of the trip I think I will order a Ritter aluminum block.

I’m out. A lot of factors have come into play and I’ve decided to not go. One of the big factors is the 2500 mile trip each way. With the savings of the cost of the trip I think I will order a Ritter aluminum block.
Yeah surely it will be closer to you next year. By the way, I got rid of the 45 degree carb hat and will be running this one straight on.

Dart 31.jpg

Just got back from Norwalk, ran 11.95 at the NMCA Fast race. Alternator stopped charging so going to swap it out and a new voltage regulator. Going to Lebanon Valley to musclepalooza this weekend. Then just need to change center sections.

I'm going to post up some of my pictures from Drag Week. We rode in a group first part of the week with the Tesla, that explains the tesla charging station picture. 1st day we had the o ring in the speedo housing go bad. Also rode the last leg with @70Roadkill. It was great to meet Mike and luckily he saved us a spot or two in the pits. One of these pictures is my wife/Crew Chief posing by Tom Bailey's winning pro mod that went 5.99 @ 250 MPH. One of these pictures is my car in the "Top 32" of my class. Very proud to have made that because it was my goal. The Dart average 10.68 but that was fighting ignition troubles for the first 3 days. We eventually lost 2nd gear completely but the car still ran 10.45 @ 129 MPH shifting from 1st to 3rd on the last day.

Drag Week 1.jpg

Drag Week 2.jpg

Drag Week 3.jpg

Drag Week 11.jpg

Drag Week 4.jpg

Drag Week 10.jpeg

Drag Week 12.jpg

I'm going to post up some of my pictures from Drag Week. We rode in a group first part of the week with the Tesla, that explains the tesla charging station picture. 1st day we had the o ring in the speedo housing go bad. Also rode the last leg with @70Roadkill. It was great to meet Mike and luckily he saved us a spot or two in the pits. One of these pictures is my wife/Crew Chief posing by Tom Bailey's winning pro mod that went 5.99 @ 250 MPH. One of these pictures is my car in the "Top 32" of my class. Very proud to have made that because it was my goal. The Dart average 10.68 but that was fighting ignition troubles for the first 3 days. We eventually lost 2nd gear completely but the car still ran 10.45 @ 129 MPH shifting from 1st to 3rd on the last day.

View attachment 1715394755

View attachment 1715394756

View attachment 1715394757

View attachment 1715394759

View attachment 1715394760

View attachment 1715394761

View attachment 1715394762

Congrats on making it man. I think I may have seen a few passes on the live stream. Also I’m not a fan of the electric car craze but those things will blow your mind. George has some balls running that car in drag week.

View attachment 1715394755

View attachment 1715394756

View attachment 1715394757

View attachment 1715394759

View attachment 1715394760

View attachment 1715394761

View attachment 1715394762
Good job cody! That is a tall order to make that field and to finish dragweek!!! That tjing rips!!!

I remember seeing the car but I think when we went by you in the pits nobdy was to be found.... First time going to a dragweek event and was impressed by all who made it.

It just seems like an unobtainable item in getting registered for it. I have been reading up on it and I still can't make hide nor hare of it. But I liked the format and even more so no matter who you were it appeared everyone is treated the same. Of course I was a spectator so the inner workings may be completely different once you enter a car....

JW

Just got registered! What other Mopars will be there? Sold out in 4 minutes this year.

Now I just have to finish rebuilding the dart! Can't wait.

I enjoyed briefly talking with you and watching you run at Virginia Motorsports Park. Love the Dart

Drag week is a dream of mine!

I wish it was closer to the left coast but I will make it some day!

Best of luck to ya'll and let us know how it goes!

:steering:
Drag week!? You need to make it to drag once...:poke:
Edit: among others LOL.....

Last edited:
This Fish is a BEAST Loved watching you run
It was just too warm, I was hoping for a 11.99 average and ran 11.94 and 11.95 at Cecil County Saturday the day before we had to be in Virginia, but no dice. Averaged 12.17 my one run at MIR of 12.4 hurt the average. Too rich of a setting and no air it stumbled a bit, but didn’t want to wait around for a second run. They were predicting thunder storms for Thursday evening and my wipers are just eye candy.

-
Back