Driveshaft goes BOOM!

-

ONEBADMK8

Administrator
Reaction score
Well we had our LincolnVSCadillac Northeast Chapter meet at our shop this past Sunday May 1st and somehow we started a burnout contest. SO I had to bust out the EVIL 440 Satellite to show the Lincoln guys some real smoke.

Heres the pic and video link:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/may01NJmeet/index.htm

So I do like 3 or 4 no biggie burnouts then my friend Brian says take me for a ride, so of course I say yes. So we go out onto Route 54 and we kill it !
I brought it up to 1000 then flashed it, shifted at 7k into 2nd, 7k into 3rd and we were knee deep in 3rd and BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

We lost a u joint clip and slung a cap!! WOW was it friggin' loud as hell. I immediately looked at the oil pressure and it was nice and high so I was like whew!! Was an easy fix, $135.00 later, better then new, no harm but scary for the moment.

lvcne16_jpg.jpg

lvcne15_jpg.jpg

lvcne14_jpg.jpg

lvcne16_jpg.jpg

lvcne15_jpg.jpg

lvcne14_jpg.jpg

I Had That Strap Brake At The Drag 5 Or 6 Years Ago. Did The Burn Out Went To The Line Pulled Rpms To About 3500, Light Turned Green And Bam I Was Done Racing For The Day. Didnt Cost Much To Fix But The Noise That Makes Is Somthing You Do Expect. Leason Learned Bought U-bolt Type Yoke.

Yes it did. But now shes right. Next is to clean up the hokey job the previous owner did under the hood. Zip ties everywhere!! PUKE! Then hook up the spray.

NICE RIDE!!!!!!.....i LOVE the color,my dad is building a 68 valiant and painting it silver.

whats in it and whats it run??

.060 over 440, Aluminum heads, full roller, 13:1 compression, 727 with a ATI 4500 converter, 8 3/4 with 4.11's and a spool, glass hood, and bumpers.
Never ran it yet, better be deep in the 10's on motor and single digits on spray.

I want to get rid of those hideous Welds (no flames please, they are just so played out)and put back steel rims, same color as car with dog dishes, and get a bench seat and column shifter back too.

Draglites are worse then the Dragstars. There just played out thats all. I like the stock look with all that motor.

I used to have the Welds on EVERYTHING, now I am just tired of them.

Just like back in the day when i used to have Cragars on everything I owned, I then got sick of them, but low and behold today I now have them on my Lincoln Mark VIII.

18inch4.jpg

18inch5.jpg

Yeah the Gen 1's (93-95's) run 14.6 - 14.80 stock with 3.08 open end rears!

my mom had the 95 that thing was crazy fast!it was fun seeing my mom fly around town with it cuz down here all the old golfer guys have the,LOL

They chirp second HARD too when manual shifted.

Mine has been in MM&FF a few times too. Its the quickest and fastest stock engined NA Mark in the country.

ya i could always get my moms to chirp second,that was the funniest thing to me coming out of that car,LOL

That happened to my Duster at the track. Did a nice burn out to get the slicks nice and sticky, staged, and when I launched it the wheels came up then dropped back down. The engine over revved and blew. Cracked three pistons and an exhaust valve head ended up in the flowmaster. Now I run rev limiters all the time. It was the stock 72 340 bottom end and heads so I had an excuse to upgrade. It was only the 5th pass with the new rear and driveshaft.

-
Back