Drop light...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
...it no work no more. Crawled under my truck, turned it one...flashed real bright and out it went. Have hated that LED pile-o-crap since day one. What are you folks using?

I just took my usual back--yard low/ no buck approach..........and screwed an LED lamp into my old "regular" trouble lamp. So far, I've dropped it at least 5 times from 6 ft (under the hoist) and it still works!!

Last edited:
I just took my usual back--yard low/ no buck approach..........and screwed an LED lamp into my old "regular" trouble lamp. So far, I've dropped it at least 5 times from 6 ft (under the hoist) and it still works!!1

That's the same thing I did, works great. The droplight says 60 Watt max but Since I'm using led's I put a 100 watt in it lights up the whole underside of the car.

I use a cheapo old style drop light, but with those spiral florecent bulbs, because they don't blow everytime you set the light down. I've actually had the same bulb in it for about two years.

image.jpeg
Love this one. LED, three brightness settings, rechargeable battery or 120v. Battery lasts quite a while on low setting. Adjustable angle. Pricey, but like I say, I really like it.
Yote
The low setting is usually adequate even for my old eyes which need a floodlamp.

Last edited:
-
Back