Drums and Bolt Pattern Wheels

-

CharlieRotten

Green Member
Reaction score
Just a few quick questions.

With a bolt pattern of 5x114.3 would a wheel with 5x114 work? is that .3 going to make enough of a difference to cause the wheels to not fit?

Also, I've got drum brakes for the rear and I am curious to see what that's going to look like with some larger wheels. I worry that the drums will look weird behind the wheels.

If anyone has a car with drums and larger (17+) wheels I would love some pictures

Its a 73 Duster

I've yet to hear of a 5x114. Any chance you could confirm that it's not 114.3?

I could if the website was not blocked on this computer.

I'll try to get on to post the link when I get home.

This may be me just being stupid but your hyperlink showed some wheels that were 5x114

If you paint the drums black, you don't even notice them behind the wheel.

@cuda69

Thats what I figured but I dont remember ever seeing it so I really want to check it out before I commit.

@Oklacarcollecto
Let me answer your question to my question with another question. Is that a no?

@cuda69

Thats what I figured but I dont remember ever seeing it so I really want to check it out before I commit.

@Oklacarcollecto
Let me answer your question to my question with another question. Is that a no?

Logically it tells me no but I have seen people do things I wouldn't. If you are buying new wheels why not buy the ones that are made for your car?

I would normally but I am having a hard time finding the wheels I want in that specific bolt pattern, thats why i am asking

I would normally but I am having a hard time finding the wheels I want in that specific bolt pattern, thats why i am asking

Post a picture of the wheel you are looking at and maybe someone can help. Maybe the wheel you are looking at is front wheel drive application only and that is why they are not showing the common 114.3 pattern?

katana-gtm_232387.jpg
I couldn't find the exact ones but its basically this one except a bit deep dish

-
Back