Dual quads versus big hammer!!!...

-
With the snow flying I figured you had the sleds out. They say (the they is never right so take that for what it's worth) it's going to snow some more tonight and then again tomorrow.

We had an inch or so, but the 40 MPH winds blew it all away. And probably some more of my roof. I'll go look later.
Welcome to Wyoming!
2" of snow =grass showing on one side and a 2" drift agence the fence.:thumbsup:

most of overlooked it. on what.
Give me a minute I'll look for it. I've got another one of my procrastinating customers that's going to call me back here in a minute. They all love to click the buy button and buy parts, the Lord will they ever learn to put them on? Lol I hope not I'll be out of a job...

most of overlooked it. on what.
I'll look again for the article but I found this as well..
Screenshot_20200314-164859.png

The guy commenting just before that was talking about calling the tech line or emailing them and referred to them as as much help as an ashtray on a motorbike...

I will buy on the fuel level being too low and causing the fuel out of the venture to coming on late.
If it was a regular holley you could look threw the sight glass and know if it is right..
Would suck to have to take the top off both carbs to make sure the floats are right......but i would still do that before i drill on the air doors.
fuel lever is super critical for every port in the carb. Yes i know you know that.

I will buy on the fuel level being too low and causing the fuel out of the venture to coming on late.
If it was a regular holley you could look threw the sight glass and know if it is right..
Would suck to have to take the top off both carbs to make sure the floats are right......but i would still do that before i drill on the air doors.
fuel lever is super critical for every port in the carb. Yes i know you know that.
when I changed the primary Jets and had the tops off that was the first thing that I did... All floats are set exactly at 1 in..

it's funny how many of my customers have Holleys because everybody talks about them but not the first clue of how to set the float level...

And other then the risk of a fuel leak, They are the simples float to set

I know yellow rose has been thinking a rich bog or stumble but it could be very well what that one guy was saying where it's not getting the air flowing across the secondary fuel discharge tubes to have fuel waiting when that second door opens..

And other then the risk of a fuel leak, They are the simples float to set
If Edelbrock weren't damn near leak-proof these Street demons are absolutely leak proof. All the Jets are hung by the top of the carburetor and the fuel bowls are 100% sealed and absolutely no way fuel getting out... No more Holley crap my cars on fire! LOL...

If you own a normal holley you have them gasket on hand or you don't adj the fuel level.
Just like pulling the top off of your carb. and it was prone to brake the gasket, you would have a spare one before you took the top off to set the float.

If you own a normal holley you have them gasket on hand or you don't adj the fuel level.
Just like pulling the top off of your carb. and it was prone to brake the gasket, you would have a spare one before you took the top off to set the float.
They're not made out of paper gasket like the Edelbrocks and Holley's, they have a rubber reusable gasket again above all gas levels..

So does the stumble go away if you run just the front...or rear carb only?

The guy commenting just before that was talking about calling the tech line or emailing them and referred to them as as much help as an ashtray on a motorbike...
Now that's fkn funny right there

The reason why i ask is to decide if one carb is more responsible for the stumble then then the other.......................

The reason why i ask is to decide if one carb is more responsible for the stumble then then the other.......................
It's a good question. of course they were both brand new and bought at the same time. and actually when I first got them if you recall or if you read about it they sent me to that look a little different. One had black secondary doors and thin a little bit off. They actually sent me another one and I sent that one back.
I checked the idle mixture screw settings the one on the front was two turns out and the one on the back was a turn and a half out on each one. supposedly these are flow tested and caliber it is at the factory but who really knows?.. right now I'm 1 turn lighter on the secondary door on both of them from Factory but again who knows if they were set exactly equal. I keep trying to try things like setting an even amount of weight on a certain spot on the door to see if it opens it up...
with any luck I'll have some gumption after work tomorrow and pull the carburetors off and put those leaner primary jets that I bought in so I'll be ready for my day off on Monday to start trying things again. I still haven't any confirmation email from Holley on those are doors they said they were going to send me. I may have to check on that Monday morning as well..

Well my voice command butchered that one a little bit. LOL I'll leave it pretty much everything you can understand..

Turns out I got the day off today. I took the carburetors off and I'm about to do about five different adjustments LOL...
Actually I got those 74 jets for the primary. I'll put those in in place of the 76ers that were in place of the original 80s... I'm going to start one and a half turns out on the idle mixture screws. I'm going to go back to the stock metering rods 60-52... And I'm saying a lot of success with the orange Springs so I'm going to try those... I'll tune from there...

-
Back