Dulcich 408 on dyno - offset heads

-
Hey! I’m so glad you got your W5 stuff up and running! Very nice. I’d like to request a better picture of the cams spec card. Also, can you show the head work involved? I remember you posted up some shots a way back.

Havent got so many pics of the heads. Here you could se the plastic fantastic. Will see if i could get some pics of the cam card. The heads flow at best 313 at 700.
Only got 1,5 ratio rockers.

IMG_20210803_151518.jpg

You have gotten your ports very wide. Mine did t to so wide. Flow sheet by the head porters friends flow bench on a 4.125 bore plate. I have a ways to go on this project… still!

909860EF-D224-4053-BFC0-3195AE72ACA3.jpeg
B949221C-20ED-4909-A5C6-3A0D73CEC215.jpeg
97D3613B-5CFD-489A-9F62-B1D547C74134.jpeg
CB1EEE92-96C7-4EFA-96D1-5C747D4E2DCC.jpeg

I was just gonna say, send me the bill when your done… but OK…

You have gotten your ports very wide. Mine did t to so wide.
Looks to me like his ports are raised and shortened almost a 1/4” or so vertically and widened nearly that much. Should give a straighter shot to the valve with similar cross section as original?

Looks to me like his ports are raised and shortened almost a 1/4” or so vertically and widened nearly that much. Should give a straighter shot to the valve with similar cross section as original?
I agree and probably.

Yep. Big difference making 1k with a hair dryer and doing it NA.

Not really. Torque is torque. Its real easy to detonate a turbo motor. Detonation is what kills blocks, well and brutal torque. The wives tales about what blocks break at are false. I made 800 on nitrous with a cast crank 360 and it lived for years that way.

That’s great. Man your tune must be spot on! Thanks for the info.

My tune was really a mess for a long time. But the things I am super careful with are timing and fuel. Some people think I am too conservative but its what makes stuff live and I cant afford to throw money away because of impatience.

Not really. Torque is torque. Its real easy to detonate a turbo motor. Detonation is what kills blocks, well and brutal torque. The wives tales about what blocks break at are false. I made 800 on nitrous with a cast crank 360 and it lived for years that way.

My tune was really a mess for a long time. But the things I am super careful with are timing and fuel. Some people think I am too conservative but its what makes stuff live and I cant afford to throw money away because of impatience.
Those are very impressive numbers! I couldn't agree more getting greedy for an extra 30 or 40 horses or whatever and ending up with a garage full of oily scrap iron it's just not worth it.

-
Back