Dumb Comments

-
How are there any 340 Darts left? Every car show someone would say they new a guy in high school that had a 340 Dart and it was one fast car until he wrapped it around a tree/high line pole/telephone pole.

Or flipped it end over end after leaving the road at about 90. Was a nice '70, 340/THREE speed, dark tan, black gut, rallyes. He crawled out with a few scratches, knocked the motor completely out of the car. Sammy always was a likable dumass, until he died in another wreck. Got choked to death by a 318.

The shop "Mascot" used to be my cat, Hemi. Until one of the neighbors spiked a ball of hamburger with rat poison and killed her. She'd hang around the office, claiming everything of mine as 'hers' :D Seat of my duster : hers, my coat : hers, chevy repair manual.... : bed :glasses7:

S5001262.jpg

Customers would constantly say "Oh you named him after the car?" (well they do get points..half of them.. for at least knowing it was a car related name... deduct those points for not listening when I referred to Hemi as a girl) at least 30 customers said "Oh yeah, I've had a few of those, they were always boys" What they failed to realize is that would be impossible to have so many male torties, Tortie Cats (like Hemi) have of Female to Male ratio of about 99.99% to 00.01% due to the genetic mutation that causes their abnormal fur.

I saw a thread on DC.com asking what are the dumbest comments or things said to you or you've heard made about your car. It can be an Mopar you own not just an A-Body.

Example: I had my '69 Charger in the garage and it was F6 green when we bought it. A guy who was building our new shed told he 6 year-old son "Hey, look, isn't that the car from Ben Ten? The car that Kevin Eleven drives?" :ncool:

I actually watched the show and it is not at all close. That car is a mutt, it has exposed headlamps, and it has rallye stripes a la Chebby.:banghead: See pics

My reaction was just to stand there speachless :sad3:
They made a Ben 10 movie and actually used a new challenger painted green that kevin drove. dont ask how i know this. also my wife would be rich if she got a dollar every time someone asks if her black 6 speed 2010 challenger rt is her husbands car.

My buddy poped the hood of his 72 Dart with the big pie pan air cleaner "340 4 Barrel."

The ricer (civic) kids in the parking lot all shouted "wow dude its a hemi!"

The shop "Mascot" used to be my cat, Hemi. Until one of the neighbors spiked a ball of hamburger with rat poison and killed her. She'd hang around the office, claiming everything of mine as 'hers' :D Seat of my duster : hers, my coat : hers, chevy repair manual.... : bed :glasses7:

S5001262.jpg

Customers would constantly say "Oh you named him after the car?" (well they do get points..half of them.. for at least knowing it was a car related name... deduct those points for not listening when I referred to Hemi as a girl) at least 30 customers said "Oh yeah, I've had a few of those, they were always boys" What they failed to realize is that would be impossible to have so many male torties, Tortie Cats (like Hemi) have of Female to Male ratio of about 99.99% to 00.01% due to the genetic mutation that causes their abnormal fur.
What a pretty heart ! I have an American Shorthair Calico who's going to turn 10 in May 8-) .
Male Calico and Tortie cats are super rare , just as you've stated . I've seen exactly one in all my 41 years ; a Japanese friend of mine had a Japanese Bobtail , Calico markings , and nuts ! I about fell-over !

Regarding that bottom-feeder who poisoned your kitty :
Is this *neighbour* still alive ? If some worthless piece of **** like that hurt or killed one of my cats (or even a 'feral' cat for that matter) , I'd make certain that the motherf**ker didn't want to try that kind of **** again :mumum: . He'd be damned lucky if I didn't outright kill him !
I think that I'd make a poison hamburger for that scum bag (without his knowledge , and just enough poison to make him violently ill) and feed it to him ; just sit with him at lunchtime , and watch him eat it :tool:.

There's been a few, but my all time favorite was when I was living on the west coast. My daily driver was a brown 69 cuda440. I was moving from Vancouver to a small town outside of the city, and, I needed to drive my 74 brown Duster 318 out to my new digs. In typical Grant fashion, I just swapped the plates for the 40mile drive. As I rounded the cloverleaf onto Hwy 1, I got pulled over in a spot check. In BC, my Barracuda was listed as a Valiant Barracuda on the registration, and my Duster as a Valiant Duster. The cop who stopped me started a walk around, and verified the license plate matched my registration. I was out of the car, leaning on it so I would block the dash VIN in case it came to his mind to check it out. Well, instead, he starts telling me how his brother had a Duster just like mine, and asked me to open the hood. Yup, he says, his had a 440 stock as well. I just had to play along as much as I wanted to call him on BS. After all was said and done, I drove off laughing.

Grant

What a pretty heart ! I have an American Shorthair Calico who's going to turn 10 in May 8-) .
Male Calico and Tortie cats are super rare , just as you've stated . I've seen exactly one in all my 41 years ; a Japanese friend of mine had a Japanese Bobtail , Calico markings , and nuts ! I about fell-over !

Regarding that bottom-feeder who poisoned your kitty :
Is this *neighbour* still alive ? If some worthless piece of **** like that hurt or killed one of my cats (or even a 'feral' cat for that matter) , I'd make certain that the motherf**ker didn't want to try that kind of **** again :mumum: . He'd be damned lucky if I didn't outright kill him !
I think that I'd make a poison hamburger for that scum bag (without his knowledge , and just enough poison to make him violently ill) and feed it to him ; just sit with him at lunchtime , and watch him eat it :tool:.

I've only ever owned 2 Male Torties in my 23 years (I am extremely partial to the tortie breeds). Both of which were stolen. Raine & Storm were their names, a litter of two Blue Torties born to a calico mother, both were males. My dad knew how rare they were, so we kept them in the house (with a pet door so they could venture into the fenced in yard)... Somebody swiped them from the yard when my family was away for the day. That was 15 years ago.

Hemi was an accident that fell into my lap, somebody threw her from a moving car when she was less than 5 weeks old :mumum: I took care of her, carried her in my coat pocket while I was working in the garage :D Had her for 6 years (she's been gone for a little over a year now)

Never did find which neighbor poisoned her, but I did find the ball of hamburger. I have a rough idea though, but was never able to prove it. We installed security cameras everywhere after that, to prevent it from happening again (and if it did, proof of who did it)

Back on track : I've had people call my 340 a Hemi before too (not that I wouldn't mind a set of the Small Block Mopar Perf Hemi Heads and a R3 Block to put them on :D )

I've also had people look in the window and say "Oh... It's just an automatic" My best friend was with me that day and he responded for me. "Just an Automatic? Lemme tell you, that thing will make you pray to god when he smashes the throttle."

Had a guy ask me what year my Suzuki was... As he's staring at the "YAMAHA" Stripes/Decals on the gas tank of my '78 Yamaha 2-Stroke DT125 Enduro (with an MX175 top end) Seriously? I mean has reading comprehension gone out the window, along with common sense? :eek:ops: Then once I corrected him, he claimed that his brother used to own one with a 2-stroke 185cc engine (there is no such thing as a 2-Stroke DT185 or a 2-Stroke MX185..)

I had my 68 Barracuda in the driveway working on it one day when a guy pulled in and asked where I found the Tempest. I told me how he loves those cars and is looking to buy one. He asked me if it was for sale. I told him that his love for Tempests must not be that strong and the BARRACUDA is not for sale.

Sitting in the Valiant at the gas station waiting on my buddy to get back out, the car was running. A guy walks up and said “sounds like your car is missing, you might want to check the point gap man”. Well the stroker under the hood has a looong duration cam, and makes that rumpity rumpity sound. I am also running a 6al box with a pro billet dizzy. I tried to explain all of this to him briefly, but when he tried correcting me again and saying I need to check my plugs I just agreed with him and said thanks for the heads up. He left, then I told my buddy and we had a good laugh at the expense of this knowledgeable parking lot mechanic.

Sitting in the Valiant at the gas station waiting on my buddy to get back out, the car was running. A guy walks up and said “sounds like your car is missing, you might want to check the point gap man”. Well the stroker under the hood has a looong duration cam, and makes that rumpity rumpity sound. I am also running a 6al box with a pro billet dizzy. I tried to explain all of this to him briefly, but when he tried correcting me again and saying I need to check my plugs I just agreed with him and said thanks for the heads up. He left, then I told my buddy and we had a good laugh at the expense of this knowledgeable parking lot mechanic.

Heard that one a few times. Had some guy my own age walk up to my car as it's idling (shaking from the nasty lope & solid mounts) and he says. "Dude, your car sounds like it's on its last leg, you should at least tune it up." I tried explaining the aggressive camshaft to him (along with the high compression, recurved distributor, accel 300 ignition, etc) He stood there dumbfounded and insisted my engine was beat to death.

I looked over in the direction he came from to see his car (a honda accord with a fart can exhaust) and I said "Ehhh, actually my engine is just choking on the honda it had for breakfast" :finga: He was none too happy about that and took off in a hurry :D

it could always be worse. Was at mcdonalds with my brother just sitting there eating away i notice these two guys pull up staring at me. was in no mood for a convo so i turn the other way and the driver yells out. HEY I LOVE YOUR GTO I HAVE 2 AT HOME WANNA SELL IT? i smiled and put her in reverse and just drove away.

"Hey, What year is that Nova?" It's '74 Duster..."

I have gotten the "Is that a Nova?" and "Nice Nova" Comments too....72 Duster.

One of my daughters said "Can we go for a ride but not floor it?" Not really a dumb question...she says the car is a bit loud for her. But my wife and other daughter both broke out in laughter. They know the answer to that question is "No".
:burnout:

I was sitting on the hood of my Duster in the staging lanes ready to make a pass, and some guy came up to me and said, "Nice car, is it yours?" Like I would just sit on some random guy's car.

Because girls aren't supposed to be racing.... :)

I like the fact you've worked on the car to get it to run better. I remember when you were elated it ran better than 13.00. Now you are closer to 12.00 than 13.00. Nice work!

The "nice nova" always make me chuckle.

The shop "Mascot" used to be my cat, Hemi. Until one of the neighbors spiked a ball of hamburger with rat poison and killed her.

You neighbor should have his balls nailed to a tree.:angry4:

Your nieghbour and my snowblower thief will keep company in hell.

I pulled up to an Autozone years ago and parked my 66 Charger right in front of the window.I asked the Guy behind the counter for a part.The Guy asked for what car? I said a 1966 Dodge Charger.He laughed at me and said they did not make Chargers until 1968!I laughed and I said thats funny there is a 66 Charger , as I am pointing at the big window.The guy behind the counter felt pretty stupid.
How stupid! And 412 Stroker that is a nice Duster there, though its the same as to the left. :D

Unfortunately for us three pages is too long for dumb comments, Holy Crap. I'm not really amazed at it though. I had a neighborhood kid and his friend come up to my garage with the Charger inside and they started looking it over. "Are you gonna keep these rims?" (me, "Yeah, I kinda like them, but I'll need new tires") They were all bald. He continues "Why? These tires are still good", as he runs his hand over a bald spot. I was thinking either YOU are really stupid or you think, I'M really stupid. WTF... :p

i drove mt 73 FOUR DOOR valiant to the local air show and the guard at the gate said "man that mustang sounds good"

Yeah, and I'll sell you my 1971 Challenger covertible (and it's a T/A model) XD

Not necessarily a dumb comment as a funny comment. I had a 70 Super Bee for my 1st car. 383 pistol grip 391's - was the 3rd owner. Anyway- I had a "Hemi grind " cam -for you guys that remember those from the DC days, and a electric fuel pump that was LOUD. and sometimes my exhaust that exited in front of the rear tires would hit the body. I take my mom (rip) to the laudramat to help her do her laundry. Well, the car's shaking at idle (cam) She says: " Mike, why does the car shake so bad?" Does it need a tune up? ME: No mom, that's the cam. Mom:" Mike, what's that sound?" (the fuel pump buzzing) Me: "oh, that's just the fuel pump". Then the pipes decides to chime in under the car. Mom: What's that noise under the car?" ME: That's just the exhaust pipes hitting the floor"

Mom: I don't like your car..... I just laughed.

I'm no expert by any means but my friends at school say some stupid crap. They all pretend to know what I'm talking about, when really they have no freakin idea. Now they're always saying about my "Dodge" Duster. Most of the people in my class don't even know what a Duster is. Just today one of them said that he wanted to put a Hemi in his Blazer. Probably two days ago another one said that I should put a freakin v-tech in my Duster. Then he told me I should put a 350 Chevy (what a numbnuts) or a 368(what the heck is that?), then when I ask him why a 350 he makes up some stupid excuse. Then when I told them my grandpa gave me the car I catch a load of crap of how they all have to buy a cool car and that I probably didn't even do anything to it myself. I don't even know why I hang out with them. As of lately they have really been getting on my nerves. It's really starting to tick me off. I'm starting to regret even saying anything about my car. I'm sorry about the little rant at the end, but the more I typed and thought about them the angrier I got.

I'm no expert by any means but my friends at school say some stupid crap. They all pretend to know what I'm talking about, when really they have no freakin idea. Now they're always saying about my "Dodge" Duster. Most of the people in my class don't even know what a Duster is. Just today one of them said that he wanted to put a Hemi in his Blazer. Probably two days ago another one said that I should put a freakin v-tech in my Duster. Then he told me I should put a 350 Chevy (what a numbnuts) or a 368(what the heck is that?), then when I ask him why a 350 he makes up some stupid excuse. Then when I told them my grandpa gave me the car I catch a load of crap of how they all have to buy a cool car and that I probably didn't even do anything to it myself. I don't even know why I hang out with them. As of lately they have really been getting on my nerves. It's really starting to tick me off. I'm starting to regret even saying anything about my car. I'm sorry about the little rant at the end, but the more I typed and thought about them the angrier I got.

Your rant is well founded, my friends at school are exactly the same. I told them the radiator on my mom's car blew up when I was driving it. Even if you aren't into cars you should know the basic parts and functions. One of my friends asked, "What's a radiator?" I was just in awe at him being a nave. I can't ever talk car cause the kids love lifted trucks or ricers, Mopar is a word used by the outcasts in the car guys. I also keep getting comments on "How's the Mustang coming along?" :banghead:

-
Back