Dumb Comments

-
When I had the 'Plymouth' license plate on my Scamp, a guy said to me "why do you have a 'Plymouth' plate on a Dodge?"
I said "it's not a Dodge, it's a Plymouth".
He 'corrected' me several times before I finally just gave up.

Considering it was a "Dad" making small talk with his s"Son" on a cool car, it is easy to over look. Besides, that "Ben10" car is modeled after a Challenger without enuff on it for Chrysler corp. to sue on. In which Chrysler is famous for. (Suing)

im getting gas and checking my oil.the hood is up and i have a 2 barrel carter BBD with a 9 inch open element air cleaner and the guy next to me comes over and says "wow, you got the holley on there, those double pumpers really kick ***" and proceeds to ask me, "is that the 305 or a 307? because if it came with a four barrel,that would make it a 307" im like wow.so i take a step back and point to the 12"x4" 360 callouts on the quarter panels and point to the duster emblem on the side and the dude goes "oh, its one of those" and gets back in his truck and leaves lol, i know he felt like an idiot...

As long as the person isn't an *** about matters, a know it all and stubborn about what he (doesn't) know, I do not mind talking and correcting.

My Fav. thing to do is when there just blabbin away is;

"Um, excuse me, but, um, did you go to high school around here? Graduate from around here? Yea? What school?"

There answer here _____________.

"Oh, thanks, it's just that, well, I'm looking to purchase a house around here and the schooling is paramount in my kids life and I need to find a better school than the one you went to. Not so nice you can not read the big bold letters on the side of the car saying DODGE!" Thanks for your time, my condolences to your lack of education and poor eye sight, please move along, were done here tonight. Thank you, bye bye now, see ya etc.........."

And yes, I have done this dozens of times.

I can not stand the lil'kids that scream, "It's a 383? You mean you put a Chevy engine in your MoPar!?!?!?"

Dudes of FABO, the hood is up, it's a freakin big block, there looking at it dead in it's distributor and pointing and screaming to there friends, "It's a Chevy, it's a Chevy, guys come look. it's a Chevy in a MoPar!!!!!"

Everybody looks, the ones that know shake there heads and laff at the kids.

I'm left with 1,000 inquiries about what stupid people say as truth having to correct everybody.

No, a 383 Chevy was never a stock engine in a car.
No, it's a MoPar engine.

No, the MoPar engine was out long before a Chevy 383 was even thought of. I 'm telling ya the truth.!"

All my badges are shaved except the small Barracuda on the trunk lid. I have had it called a Marlin more than once. The fish must have thrown them off. If you know your fish a Marlin and a Barracuda don't look very similar.....

all i get it...IS THAT A DUSTER...no....
i have 1970 front plate,,andat shows some judges ask what year it is..when looking at it...

now with my new intake...i bet i get,,,,NICE SIX BBL CARB SET UP...LOL

In 1979 I had my 77 Aspen R/T Superpak in the parking lot at Riverside Raceway before a Nascar race. It was a pretty good looking car for the time, black with red & orange stripes, flares & spoilers, 14x8 slot mags with G60s on the front & 14x9 with L60s on the rear. Low all around with a nice rake. A guy and his 2 buddies walk up to the car to admire it. The guy says " that's one of them R/Ts, they're all either Hemis or Six Packs. He then looks under the rear of the car and proceeds to tell his friends "see, it's even got a Dana rear end". The car was had a 318, 904 and a 7-1/4. I said nothing, I was speechless!

I was sitting on the hood of my Duster in the staging lanes ready to make a pass, and some guy came up to me and said, "Nice car, is it yours?" Like I would just sit on some random guy's car.

I was at a small car show about 10 years ago with about 100 cars or so. I came back from walking around and saw a guy sitting on the trunk of my car with his feet resting on the bumper. I held my composure at first- rather than walk up and punch him in the face like I wanted I walked up and said "nice car". He said "thanks, but its my buddies car." I responed with "Really, I DON'T REMEMBER KNOWING YOU!! GET OFF MY CAR!" This drew a large crowd and all of a sudden I had about fifteen people I didn't know circle around the car and they wanted to be my friend and pummel this guy for me. I let him walk away being yelled at to leave by everyone around, then event staff told him he needed to leave.

After that ordeal everyone wanted to check out my car, I was telling a few guys about the car when one of them interupted and asked why I painted a General Lee car green, if I was offended by the flag. I just smiled and changed the subject.

I have a friend with a marlin we would park next to each other at car shows and watch folks go back and forth. 66 barracudas came with 318s i know because some guy said he bought one brand new in 66 [i tried to explain but gave up cause i don't know nuthin]. They came with hemis too some guy knew someone who had one in high school.I knew a guy whom every year had exchange students stay at his home one year he had some girls from france there and he brought them to the saturday night cruise in [200 cars plus] the girls asked him how come there are so many broken cars in one place? He asked them why do they think they are broken? They said because the bonnets are open. [He explained to them the car show concept.]

It's not car related, but when my two daughters were like 3 and 4 (they are 15 months apart), we had them in a stroller and a lady came up and said they were soooooooo beautiful. Are they triplets? I made a point of pointing at each one and counting, one, two .... yes they are!

I saw a thread on DC.com asking what are the dumbest comments or things said to you or you've heard made about your car. It can be an Mopar you own not just an A-Body.

Example: I had my '69 Charger in the garage and it was F6 green when we bought it. A guy who was building our new shed told he 6 year-old son "Hey, look, isn't that the car from Ben Ten? The car that Kevin Eleven drives?" :ncool:

I actually watched the show and it is not at all close. That car is a mutt, it has exposed headlamps, and it has rallye stripes a la Chebby.:banghead: See pics

My reaction was just to stand there speachless :sad3:

I would hope the father was trying to excite his 6 year old in this scenario.

4 kids of my own and I have been guilty of trying to get my kids excited in something, in more ways than one.
:headbang:

As long as the person isn't an *** about matters, a know it all and stubborn about what he (doesn't) know, I do not mind talking and correcting.

My Fav. thing to do is when there just blabbin away is;

"Um, excuse me, but, um, did you go to high school around here? Graduate from around here? Yea? What school?"

There answer here _____________.

"Oh, thanks, it's just that, well, I'm looking to purchase a house around here and the schooling is paramount in my kids life and I need to find a better school than the one you went to. Not so nice you can not read the big bold letters on the side of the car saying DODGE!" Thanks for your time, my condolences to your lack of education and poor eye sight, please move along, were done here tonight. Thank you, bye bye now, see ya etc.........."

And yes, I have done this dozens of times.

You should just have a card made up. It would save a lot of time.

That don't help i have a show board they still ask.

Attachments

• run for the sun 2011 day 1 010.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 395
I pulled up to an Autozone years ago and parked my 66 Charger right in front of the window.I asked the Guy behind the counter for a part.The Guy asked for what car? I said a 1966 Dodge Charger.He laughed at me and said they did not make Chargers until 1968!I laughed and I said thats funny there is a 66 Charger , as I am pointing at the big window.The guy behind the counter felt pretty stupid.

This is funny because a guy just asked me if my 74 Dart swinger was a 68 ford the other day. Sometimes it's just better to ask. That way you don't sound foolish. Take me, I ask about everything!

I'm at the point now that I just "AGREE" with them no matter how far off they are.
They go away sooner that way. Or just say "GEE I DON"T NO NOTHIN' ABOUT CARS" I just bought it.......

When they ask, I'm good.
When they tell me, I have a problem.

This was about 30 years ago. Fan clutch went south on my '70 Challenger, had a 6 blade flex fan laying around, so I bolted it on. It sounded like a lawn mower on steroids. At the time I was also running one of those big round '50's Caddy dual inlet air cleaners on it, with hoses ducted to the front for fresh air. {Yeah, I know} Couple teenage kids walked by while I was checking the oil.

"See there! I told you he had a blower on it!"

I had a transmission on my bench, when i was asked.... What size engine is that..A v8?

that was a dumb comment all its own lol.. are you one of those guys calling my duster a nova?and my charger a monte carlo? the bottom pic you posted is a malibu.
And your right it is a Malibu, and no Dusters and Chargers are my top favorite cars. And how does someone get a 74 Duster mixed up for this??
70-Chevelle.jpg

How are there any 340 Darts left? Every car show someone would say they new a guy in high school that had a 340 Dart and it was one fast car until he wrapped it around a tree/high line pole/telephone pole.

-
Back