"Dumb" stuff old farts used to do

-
Played tag on the streets of the suburbs of Detroit, in a mid engine Porshe, again like you I rode shotgun when he would tap the brakes at a 100 and turn. Thank God , God seen me through my dumb days.

I firmly believe that my buddy's dad was trying to kill us. He kept building us hopped up 231 Buick engines and dropping them into Chev Monzas and Chevettes. We would wreck them and then drag in some other POS that we would drop the drive trains into. But the dumbest thing was trying to pass 17 cars on a curvy 2 lane highway. We were trying to pass the school bus and all of the kids behind it. What we didn't see was the dump truck headed right for us. We cleared 12 cars before we went sailing into a corn field at about 100 mph. When the dump truck driver realized we were ok, I thought he was going to finish the job the wreck started and kill us. My buddys dad thought it was funny and found another Monza for a $100 and had the 4 cyl swapped out within a week. My buddy had that one wrecked before he got to court over the first wreck. We was rocking a Baby Blue 77 VW Rabbit diesel after that. I had a 70 Camaro and was too afraid of my mother to mess that thing up. Besides, my buddy was using my car as his date car since I wouldn't mess it up and there is a whole other thread that could be started about that.

Of all the "crazy" things (yea that was my nick name) I'll admit to was one of the few times I was caught. Picture your typical small prairie town 40 yrs. ago and it's a nice summer sunday morning (about 7AM), the church goers are on thier 2 cup of coffee, the birds are chirping and the gophers are frollicking and suddenly the sound of a Kawasaki 750 triple erupts into full song at 12,000 RPM screaming down main street shifts through 4 or 5 gears, past 120 MPH (that's how fast the cop said I was going when he caught up to me back at the shop) and heads out of town.8)

Almost forgot, I installed my new chromed expansion chambers the night before.

I've always been a firm believer that Sunday mornings should have some drama in them.8)

One of these. My answer to erectile dysfunction.:-D:-D:-D

Triple.jpg

Did about 140mph on the Jersey turnpike on night in my 74 swinger, had the needle pointing at the steering column on a 120 speedo. Was passing cars that were doing 75 like they were going backwards.:snakeman:

do any of you remember MILLER PONIES ?
Well at 60MPH across the roof of the car make a big *** bang when hitting a sign or mail box's:stop::cheers:

This is the only motor cycle that I am now allowed to own (for good reason). Apparently I lose sense and reason when I get on two wheels.

It only does 45mph tops. I restored it a few years ago.

90.jpg

I won't go into the scars that I still have, from laying down at 90 MPH.
But ,bet people one night that my 70 318 Duster would pull the front wheels. Money bet.
Went home, removed the front shocks, went back. From a roll, started goosing it; 3rd goose was 2 feet high. Arguements, but I got the $. Ahh, the details weren't addressed.

I never did anything stupid involving motorcycles or cars or anything else at any age.

BTW, I'm trying to get my DEA/DOJ clearance...... :read2:

Nope... Not until they pull this post, lol. :clock:
Just let me know if you need a security reference. OH WAIT....You WANT the clearence....

Dear Lord; aren't we all so very lucky ? Nubs on angels wings etc. Seeing Terry's 750 Kaw reminds me of buying a Kaw Mach III in 70 when I was 20 and "bullet proof". These days those "bullets" really HURT !

too numerous to list but never cracked up or caught, oh yea there was that 36 points on license in 5 months but that took 18 months too catch up boy was that fun i mean dumb

Naw, the widowmaker's long gone, I went to a KZ900 after the 750 then eventually to the discontinued KZ1300 6 cylinder water buffalo.

I personally knew a man named Art Bose. He made, in house in Chicago a turbo kit for the "Water Buffalo". My job dictated that I install these kits on said motorcycles.

My job also entailed that install NOS kits on ZX1000's (among many others) when such a task arised.

I did my duty as required by my employer at the time including but not limited to taking said bikes home for the weekend to work off hours to facillitate the tuning process as well as to ensure the ultimate satisfaction of the owner of said bike.

8)

-
Back