duster 73 turn signal indicators wont light up

-

tekslk

Reaction score
Cabin wiring harness changed about three weeks ago everything works except the gree turn signal indicators on the dash. Where do they get power> Or where should I begin to look. The wiring harness was changed because a screw was run threw the wiring harness in the drivers kick panel, things started smoking after that.

Neither one? That is odd. They branch off from the under dash harness, the same wires that go to the front signals

You can download the service manual here, the 73 manual is new, it's the last or one of the last posts in that thread

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970088617

Thanks, by the way, to TrailBeast for hosting the file

www.letsgocomputers.com/docs/1973dodgebody.pdf

www.letsgocomputers.com/docs/1973dodgechassis.pdf

A body index is page 8-152

A body wiring begins 8-154

Diagram location A-18, page 8-158 shows the lamps

wire D10-18 LGN, and D9-18T (lt green and a tan)

If you go back one page, it appears they branch right there at the TS switch, connector CI-23 so if we go look up that connector which is on page 8-169, that is exactly what we find.......two tans, and two light greens coming off that connector. One of those goes up to the dash, one goes through the bulkhead to the turn signal.

Might be bad connections at / in the cluster, bad bulbs, bad sockets. I can think of no good explanation as to why both would just happen to fail. The signals all work normally?

Attachments

• TSconnector.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 98
remember I dont do well with wiring or testers, Just common sense got anything easy to check?

I would lean more towards problems right at the cluster, sockets, bulbs, dirty contacts at the bulb PC board connections, or damaged PC board connectors. I don't think there's a 'ell of a lot to go wrong with the wiring, unless you have the wrong harness somehow, and I cannot imagine what they've changed in the harness. That tan / light green color combo has not changed in hears.

Thanks for the hint and we will get on it after we eat breakfast.

We switched sockets with some others and they worked like a champ, any good places to buy the 194 light bulb sockets?

Not yet at this point we just switched some and used some extra he had to get things going. I just posted a add for some for my car as I have no extras.

-
Back