Duster Cowl Hood??

-
I ran across this thread again so here is an update. The scoop is functional and now has a F.L.I.R. camera mounted under the operational section so it can be sealed when it rains.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo653.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 215
This thread is an absolute fabo classic!!

The poor guy asked for pictures of cowl hoods on dusters. Instead he gets told it's a stupid idea and gets too see a good old fashion chest beating typing match.

If I could help I would but people really need to be able to see something they aren't interested in and carry on instead of telling everyone your opinion on it!

I don't go into the small block section and tell them all that if they were real men they would get a big block.

If you don't have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut!

Best of luck on the hood there OP!

I know that it's been said in these types of threads before. It's your car. Build it the way you'd like it to be. It's not unusual for a Mopar purist to make a negative comment regarding what they view as a deviation from brand loyalty.

One way to think of the cowl hoods is that the design is not much different than the hoods that were factory original on '70 Roadrunners.

View attachment p43670.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of mine.

View attachment 1077656_666974099988130_339960912_o.jpg

View attachment 1039863_932933173392220_921573034299588979_o.jpg

I don't consider it to be ugly. As a matter of fact, I think it works pretty good with the Duster body style. I really do like the look of the factory hood scoops that Chrysler had but this cowl hood provides additional clearance for the carbs and is aerodynamic. It doesn't provide a forced air input like a hood with a front opening. - But it can be set up to block the warmer air from the engine compartment while still allowing cool air in from the outside.

I've thought about buying those SS emblems to mount in the grill of my 70 duster:blob:
Funny you should say that. When I saw the posted picture of that Nova with the SS emblems I wondered if they'd confuse them Chebby boyz if I had one on the front of my Duster.

-
Back