Duster Cowl Hood??

-
I like 6 pack hoods on dusters... or those dual snorkel type scoops... just my 2 cents. End of the day its your car but I think there are much better looking options.

Still don't know......

Attachments

• 60chevelle.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 504
  • screemn1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 534
  • 0705ch_10_z+1971_chevy_nova+.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 570
Just to be different from everyone else.

Attachments

• 100_3637.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 481
  • 100_3635.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 496
  • 011.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 508
  • 016.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 503
  • 006.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 488
  • 052.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 499
COWL Induction as it was introduced by Chevrolet back in the 70's is essentially
function-less and was done primarily as an ornamental attribute...... CHEVY ANYTHING on a MOPAR just looks OUT OF PLACE ( IMHO)

why not put a FORD TEARDROP they look cool on FORDS
140.jpg

OR maybe a Pontiac reverse scoop they look cool on Pontiacs
http://image20.webshots.com/20/2/60/30/199426030sxHDxH_fs.jpg

OR possibly just stick with something MOPAR
http://www.campbellenterprises.com/images/MPparts/tools, accy. paint/hoodscoop.jpg

Tech ?; did he ask for your opinion?

Off the front off the hood, for at least 12"; the air is violent, and wants to keep shooting upwards,not in the scoop. Air that does enter, is still swirling, violent air. Calmer air at the cowl, less turbulence at the top of the carb.
The same reason that a carb spacer works. That pulls the throttle plates and carb bores out of the hell going on in the plenum(violent back pulses; exhaust bleed, intake vacuum; overlapping.. Hell in there. It screwes up the metering circuit in the carb. The carb works best when it sees calm air on both ends. OK, now I'm joining Crackedback, and going in my cave..

Lol, you have no facts, or any idea about air. You just have insults, when you don't know the facts. Nice.

Just like a six grader student. How did you get on this forum, being so young? Avatar your daddy's car?

I'm being big; but you are not admin. They are who I am waiting for. Get your post count on another thread. Sorry, but.

I agree with green1, moto's comment is completely uncalled for. No reason for that attitude. I request Admin to step in on that one if they have not already.

Has the original poster decided on a cowl or not? As you can see those of us with cowl induction are few and far between so it would be nice to know if any have been added to our ranks. hahahaha

I'm being big; but you are not admin. They are who I am waiting for. Get your post count on another thread. Sorry, but.
Really???....I'm not here on this Public Forum for the post count man, Don't confuse your agenda with mine...I'm here for the cars,.....Period.,...Your a smart guy, sharp tech, a lotta good **** here from/for everyone....Sorry, but...the world would be a boring place if we all thought the same...

Back it up with data.

I have no data. I have read where the Chrysler engineers tried it in the early sixty's & they stated that it didn't work. No numbers listed in the article. I did notice that it didn't end up on any of their Race or Street cars. So, thats good enough for me.

Here's the best to suck air in on a Duster. Pushes it right into the carb.
Open it all up and it will suck like a **** star!

Attachments

• 100_1288.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 492
-
Back