Duster small block to big block engine mounts

-

73440abody

Reaction score
Who makes engine mounts other than Schumacher. Need to go from a small block to big block, they're out of stock currently and I didn't like the way I was treated at customer service. Was looking to spend my money else where.

Who makes engine mounts other than Schumacher. Need to go from a small block to big block, they're out of stock currently and I didn't like the way I was treated at customer service. Was looking to spend my money else where.
73? Hence the name?

Jake

I agree, if you have the fab skills then do the DC conversion. If you don't then contact Jim to see if he'll convert your K frame or if he knows someone who can do it. I'm putting a BB Duster together right now with a DC type K frame and I think it is a good solution. Not perfect solution since the big spool mounts take up a lot of room so things get tight around the oil pump. And the spool mounts are so big that you can't use a Milodon road race pan so there are some downsides, but in terms of holding the engine it seems like the best solution. The mounts need to be located in the correct location though so whoever does the conversion needs to take some proper measurements before welding it all in place.
DSC_0901 (Large).JPG

Last edited:
Being it is a 73 the conversion mounts are worthwhile. Since they are out of stock you might consider AR Engineering elephant ears. Easy and clean. Just a thought.

Personally after using one I'd never build another on of these cars without an alterkation or the like. I've done biscuits mounts with the factory setup and they are junk. I've used the 3 and never spool mounts and that's ok but you still have the rest of the front end to deal with.

You go alterKtion you get good mounts, pretty podercoat, great brakes, clearance galore, good shocks, adjustability, handling, proper alignment geometry, etc. Best of everything with little work on your part and a one time expenditure.

I had a duster with a spool mount k. I was able to modify a factory mount, not the k, to get the BB bolted in straight. I cut and moved the spool and welded it and kept spraying it with water to keep the rubber from melting out. Worked great with a chain on drivers side, went 8.90s at 150

Last edited:
-
Back