Duster was totalled

-
You know what?
Your car needs to become a trailer queen just like it sits and be hauled to the shows and down the streets as a drunk driving exhibit. Maybe it might wake someone up.

You know what?
Your car needs to become a trailer queen just like it sits and be hauled to the shows and down the streets as a drunk driving exhibit. Maybe it might wake someone up.

That's actually not a bad idea if you can find a way to haul it around. I mean... it would be a good reminder of what can happen.

Anyway... those pics made me cringe. Salvage what you can. I know that the car was important to you, but "It's only steel". That's what my uncle said after my dad wrecked his GTX. It's more important that you and your son are ok than the car.

Russell I'm sure sorry to see this. That was one beautiful car. But thank God you and your son are ok. Even as nice as your car was is can be replaced but neither of you can. I wish you the best of luck with the case.

If I had a truck & trailer, then I would do that, but I don't. She got driven everywhere she went. I stopped by the local cruise night to show my neighbor who just finished building a 72 dart the pics & he couldn't believe that it happened. I'll build another one, even better. But she'll get painted just like this one.

If I had a truck & trailer, then I would do that, but I don't. She got driven everywhere she went. I stopped by the local cruise night to show my neighbor who just finished building a 72 dart the pics & he couldn't believe that it happened. I'll build another one, even better. But she'll get painted just like this one.

Make sure we get lots of pics when you build the new car! If it's going to be even better than this one, I wanna see!!!!!! :cheers:

Make sure we get lots of pics when you build the new car! If it's going to be even better than this one, I wanna see!!!!!! :cheers:

Oh don't worry, I'll take a LOT of pics of the build, I know how you guys love pics. Car **** is almost if not better than the regular ****.

glad to here you and the boy are OK. just think of the new co. you will have.i know my layer would have a field day with this.

I just read through this whole thread and looked at those photos. :sad2: Thank God that you and your son were able to get out of that car. I worry about the same thing happening to my Duster and If my car ever got hit that hard, I feel as though I would not get out of a crash alive as I have a 15 gallon fuel cell mounted in my trunk. Such a beautiful Duster ruined by an idiot. It is just like losing a member of your family when your car gets totalled like that. I know the feeling. Thank God you and your son will be OK. Please keep us updated on the insurance proceedings and the suit. Hopefully they will not lowball you. Remember that all of your receipts will help in determining losses in $ amounts. If my Duster gets stuffed I cannot even go back to my receipts for my restoration, because we lost all of our possessions in a House fire last year and the receipts burned up. We were renting and did not have any insurance so we were out so much that it gets unbearable at times to deal with it. Good luck in finding yourself a new Duster and me and my family will pray for you and your family.

You know what?
there is a truck not to far form me that the family leaves as a reminder. glad you and your son are ok, but as said earlier keep on eye on things, often times injuries don't show up for a while. i have seen cars that were wrecked repaired also. had a friend that rolled his chevelle and refused to give up on it, car was his the one he was driven home from the hospital in after he was born. when all was said and done it was repainted black and was straight as an arrow....good luck with your dealings with the insurance issues....

Wow!

Some pretty spectacular pictures there. Very happy to see everyone could walk away and I extend my sympathy about the loss.

I hope you give some thought to saving the car. Sure, it looks pretty bad and it will be well into the total loss level as far as the insurer goes, but I don't see any windshield cracks, which means the passenger compartment has not been tweaked too bad. I'd also save the driver side front fender, athough the hood and right fender have had it. Back half is rough, but it might be an opportunity to tub the car if you see fit to do so.

It may be easier and cheaper to repair this instead of taking on a new restoration. If you start into frame rails, etc., you probably will do just as much work and you still have to bring everything else up to the level you had this car at.

Best of luck.

i think somehow i saw pics of this. on myspace. ida been f#$^%&g pissed. if any drunk son of a ***** hits my car he better be on vicatin so he doesnt feel the *** whopin ill give him. thats why the bumper jacks are theyre. for swinging. good to here your ok. sorry bout the duster

This really sucks and makes me sick to my stomach. It is a scary world out there with how people drive.

All you crazies lay low. Here are some better pics of the car.

How much for the tail panel??? :toothy10: j/k man.

100_0366.jpg

100_0367.jpg

Can anyone see the face in these two pics? Guardian Angel?

What a loss, beautiful car, glad to hear you & your son are ok. Some people don't understand what its like to lose a member of the family(your car truly was after 23 or so years) keep her heart beating-transplant the engine in another awesome mopar, keep her memory alive! Good luck, Troy

What a loss, beautiful car, glad to hear you & your son are ok. Some people don't understand what its like to lose a member of the family(your car truly was after 23 or so years) keep her heart beating-transplant the engine in another awesome mopar, keep her memory alive! Good luck, Troy

Yes, Russell's car was quite the looker. Russell, you need to shake a tail feather and get something ready for next years Woodley Park get-together. It would be nice if you could join us again.

BTW: Welcome to FABO Troy. If you go to the Billetproof show (in Antioch), hopefully you can meet up with a few of us that go every year. And afterwards, make a trip to Lumpys for a 3lb burger and lots of pain. ;)

I'm glad you and your son are okay. Fortunately, you're still here to tell us about it!

Those are hard photos to look at, but that car gave everything to protect both of you!

x2, as stated many times over I'm glad you and your son are ok, snd you can save alot of the old girl to use on your new one:cheers: be thankful you was in a solid car, the wife and I got rear ended and no where near that kinda dammage to her 04 merc but she had to have her hip replaced from the wreck, still waiting on the lawyers to come thru:angry7: good luck to you and yours.

sorry to hear about this. Glad you and your son are ok. Cars are replaceable but you and your son arent. Prayers sent.

Its crazy how you can be minding your business one moment and someone esle's bad decision or filthy habuit changes your life.

So glad your son and you are OK....My kids fall asleep in the back of the fish sometimes and I look back and just smile.....I cant imagine what I would do if they got hurt riding in my "toy", no matter who caused the problem.

Russell, any plans for this or another car? get back on the horse, they say.

Hopefully that drunk bas tard lost his license and paid heavily....the way our system works he probably got a slap on the hand.

What a waste of a beautful ride......

I know you probably still hurt from this, but you arent alone...

A guy over on the cuda-challenger forum just got done with his resto and the first day he took it out...you guessed it. rearended bad....though not as badly as yours.

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=68510.0

Hang in there dude.

You know what?

:director: Agreed! If that image doesnt wake those drunk sons of biatches up, I dont know what would.

There is no excuse for drunk driving these days gievn all the public info that is out there...it should be a ONE strike, you lose your license for a while, your insurance skyrockets and you have to pay fines...maybe a night or 5 in jail too. Second time? permant revocation of your license and long jailtime.

period.

"You mean you want someone who makes a mistake and drinks too much then drives to be in jail with the murderers?"

Damn straight! Because IMHO anyone who purposely drinks and gets behind the wheel of a car knows they can kill someone....they just dont care enough to NOT drive. They chose to take that chance with someone ELSE'S life and property.

That aint right.

You wanna gamble? Do it so that no one else is affected.

Most of us have gone all of our lives without drunk driving.

The people who cant do that dont deserve a license to drive. Too bad that driving is now considered a "right" instead of a priveledge.

I know this post is from October but it's the first time I've seen it. It makes me sick, especially thinking of the little boy in the backseat. SO glad you two are okay. Seeing the Duster like that is heartbreaking too.

Yes, Russell's car was quite the looker. Russell, you need to shake a tail feather and get something ready for next years Woodley Park get-together. It would be nice if you could join us again.

BTW: Welcome to FABO Troy. If you go to the Billetproof show (in Antioch), hopefully you can meet up with a few of us that go every year. And afterwards, make a trip to Lumpys for a 3lb burger and lots of pain. ;)

Ben, unfortunatly things are still in litigation. The lawyers & insurance companies are dragging their feet on this matter. I called my lawyer to let him know this is taking WAY to long to settle. They were waiting for my medical treatment to be over with which i am now, even though my neck & back still hurt from time to time. I'm gonna see if she is able to be pulled square again before I give up on her. I know it's cheaper & easier to start with a different body, but I was gonna change things on her anyways that i would have to do to a new body also. physicaly my son seems ok, but he still doesn't like talking about the accident. i've had times of depression because of that & when ever I'm at my sisters house & i open the garage door & sit down in the drivers seat. On the bright side i got a letter from the state telling me to be in court for his trial & to bring all documents for all my losses due to his crime for a court ordered restutution. so hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel that has been my life for the last 7 months. Again, thanks for everybodys concern & well wishes, Russell

Ben, unfortunatly things are still in litigation. The lawyers & insurance companies are dragging their feet on this matter. I called my lawyer to let him know this is taking WAY to long to settle. They were waiting for my medical treatment to be over with which i am now, even though my neck & back still hurt from time to time. I'm gonna see if she is able to be pulled square again before I give up on her. I know it's cheaper & easier to start with a different body, but I was gonna change things on her anyways that i would have to do to a new body also. physicaly my son seems ok, but he still doesn't like talking about the accident. i've had times of depression because of that & when ever I'm at my sisters house & i open the garage door & sit down in the drivers seat. On the bright side i got a letter from the state telling me to be in court for his trial & to bring all documents for all my losses due to his crime for a court ordered restutution. so hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel that has been my life for the last 7 months. Again, thanks for everybodys concern & well wishes, Russell

That is the smartest thing you can do. You wouldn't give up on a family member who was sick in the hospital so why give up on this family member? it wasn't like it was her fault she got hit. A good frame guy can work wonders and the quarters and outer sheet metal can be replaced.

Sorry to hear things are going slow with the insurance companies though, that seems to be the speed they work. Hopefully things will go your way in court.

All I can say is wow. Do they have a tall tree on the court house lawn? I've got a brand new rope that should fit him real well.

-
Back