Duster was totalled

-

rlk340

Reaction score
Well I had a great time at the Fall Fling today, was on my way back to my sisters to drop off my car so we could go to the OC auto show in anaheim. Was coming up to a red light with my son sleeping in the back seat, when a drunk driver on vicatin plowed into the back of me with out slowing down at all. I stomped on the brakes but the guy was full throttle & slammed me into a range rover in the next lane. My son was hurt from hitting his head on the back of the front plastic racing seat & the lap belt on his stomach. I cut up my finger I'm guessing from the steering wheel. We spent the rest of the day at the hospital & we are both ok. I'm still in shock about my car, 23 years of my life gone. The important thing is my son & I are ok & walked away from the accident. My Duster gave up her life for us. Those of you that have seen my car in person know of all the hard work that I put into her & have gotten used to seeing her at the spring & fall fling shows. Well today was her final show. The tow truck driver that took her to my sisters has seen her at the shows before & would have been at the show if he didn't have to work. The scumbag that destroyed my car showed no emotion, nothing. Well since he was in a company truck at the time, I'm gonna make sure that him & his company pay dearly for my loss. He tried to leave the scene of the accident but when he couldn't get his truck unstuck from my car, he tried to walk away. I think the only reason I didn't beat him to death was cause I was in shock & my son needed me more than taking this scums life. I'll find another body I guess & start over with her heart. The pictures are down right disgusting & if u know my car will make you wanna cry, cuz I did & still am as I write this. If any one has a clean 70 Duster body they wanna sell, I'm interested. Russell... I'm having trouble getting the pictures uploaded & I'm really tired so if someone can upload them for me, PM me & i'll send them to you..

Wow that sucks. Send the pics over and I'll post them up for you. CWRegush (at) live (dot) com,
But your right the important thing is you and your boy are fine. Someone will have a body and your Car will live on if only in your heart

Holy crap, what an ****** that hit you! I'm glad to hear that you and your son are ok, I guess it could have been much worse. Hope the insurance company doesn't try to hose you, they have no idea the amount of work that goes into getting an older car to look like yours. Once again, glad you're ok. Kev

Man,sorry to hear that bad news,but glad your son and you made it out fine.

dam dude im very sory to hear this i know all bout this i was drivin my 70 dart and an ****** hit me and ran :(

You didn't say how old your son is, but keep a CLOSE eye on him for the next few days. If ANYTHING doesn't seem right with him, take him to the hospital again. Things like his actions, appetite, mood etc.

As for the car, it sucks what happened to it, but like you said, get another car and fill all your parts to it. Might take time to get back to where you were, but you can make changes to the next car to correct the things you didn't like about the one you had. There's always something on a car that you would have done differently.

I am not a "sue-happy" kind of guy either, but in this case, go for it. If he was drinking & driving, nail him.

Keep an eye on the little boy, he's the one I'm concerned about. You can fix the car, but not him.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Good Luck.

George

I'm really sorry to hear that. Seems you and your son came out okay so that's the important part. Sucks about the Duster though. God I hate drunk drivers.

glad you and your son are ok,Keep a good eye on him.glad you were in a car that was strong enough to protect you two...

I hope you & your Son are OK. How people can watch, ignore, or even encourage excessive drinking & driving is beyond my comprehension. :angry7:

Good luck with the recovery, in every sense of the word. You have my deepest sympathy.

I am trully sorry for your loss, but am glad to hear you and your son were not killed or severly hurt.
I'll double check our Dusters but only have a couple and not sure of the shape, but I'll check.8)

Russel, this is one of my biggest fears. I put collector Ins. on this year for this reason. If some jackass hits and runs or don't have insureance then I fix my car or get another. George is right keep an eye on you son. Sorry man.

ive been there same kinda thing happened to me last summer in my challenger t/a but im rebuilding the car better than it was before. Its really sucks and in my case i was underinsured and ive paid ALOT outta pocket but its all worth it to me even tho my future bride to be thinks im insane

Something like that happened here last summer at a car show but it didn't end very good at all.
Early 70's Nova had stopped to turn into a car show when he was rear ended and the gas tank ruptured setting the car ablaze, because of the extensive damage to the car they couldn't get him out in time he died literally in front of family and friends!
Glad you and your son are ok, good luck on building another Duster!

Im so sorry to hear what has happen, but glad to hear that
you an your son are ok!

I hope also you had insurance an agreed value so you at
least get back what you put in it.
But i know it will never fill the same spot, its sentimental value :(

Take care russell.
Wishing you a Speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear about your car that sucks having a car that long with all the time, money spent. Its like losing a family member. I am glad you and your son are ok. Good luck with your next project.

Glad you and your son are OK and so sorry for the loss of your Duster. It's a are darn good thing you guys were in something solid. There is no telling how it could have turned if you guys were in a smaller car.

Sorry to hear. But glad that you two are okay. I will keep my eyes open for you. Only 70, or can it be any other years?

-
Back