Duster was totalled

-
Sorry to hear and see the pics about what happenned.....

Salvage what you can from the car and get well wishes being sent to you and your son. You cannot be feeling good right now from the looks of your Duster. :sad8:

Man that is aweful. Good to hear you guys made it out ok though! Good luck with your new car search!

Hey EVERYBODY on this site, I NEED you to stop making any negative comments about the driver, the company he works for. This is now a legal issue & I need every one to please calm down on it. I appreciate everyones support for me & my son. I don't know who, but someone sent the original pictures that ocdart posted for me to the company before we had a chance to call them. I will keep my FABO family updated on the outcome & when I get another car, I'll start a resto thread to show the progress of the new build. I'll try to post some more pics of her at my sisters cuz the ones ocdart posted for me are kinda small. Again thanks every one for their support & kind words, means the world to me that so many people that I don't know care so much for a fellow mopar lover. Thank you, Russell

I am happy to hear you and son are OK! I was telling my wife that I saw you right about the same time I found this thread! WOW that really sucks!! As you have found out be careful what is posted on the internet. The lawyers are getting smart and researching people on the web. I have seen cases go right out the window because of stuff posted. When you do get a new Duster, if you need it towed, let me know I will help you out. Good luck!! I hope this doesn't turn into a big mess for you!

I know I wouldn't be to happy either if the defendent got off the hook and you got screwed by some of the postings here. C'mon guys and keep the negative comments to ourselves and respect rlk340's wishes. Sure don't want him be on the losing end for something that wasn't his fault.

John

Like everyone else here, I am happy you and your son are OK but very sad such a great car was destroyed in the process. It would be much easier to take if it was an honest mistake and the party at fault showed remorse but from what I understand this is not the case. Hope there is a fair and just end to this terrible incident. If I find a 340 Duster for sale I'll PM you.

I'll try to post some more pics of her at my sisters cuz the ones ocdart posted for me are kinda small.

Here's some resized larger pics, but they're not very sharp.

rlk340accident4 (Small).jpg

rlk340accident5 (Small).jpg

rlk340accident6 (Small).jpg

rlk340accident7 (Small).jpg

rlk340accident8 (Small).jpg

rlk340accident9 (Small).jpg

rlk340accident10 (Small).jpg

All you crazies lay low. Here are some better pics of the car.

How much for the tail panel??? :toothy10: j/k man.

100_0366.jpg

100_0367.jpg

100_0368.jpg

100_0369.jpg

100_0370.jpg

100_0371.jpg

100_0373.jpg

100_0374.jpg

100_0377.jpg

100_0378.jpg

100_0379.jpg

100_0380.jpg

100_0381.jpg

100_0382.jpg

100_0383.jpg

100_0384.jpg

100_0385.jpg

100_0386.jpg

Something like that happened here last summer at a car show but it didn't end very good at all.
Early 70's Nova had stopped to turn into a car show when he was rear ended and the gas tank ruptured setting the car ablaze, because of the extensive damage to the car they couldn't get him out in time he died literally in front of family and friends!
Glad you and your son are ok, good luck on building another Duster!

Dear lord!!!!!!! Is that typical of our era of cars?

Just read the Post.

I am glad you two made it out alive. Make sure you keep an eye on your Son. and also pay attention to your own body and document changes. with an accident like that Big problems can show up down the road.

You deffinatly had someone looking out for you two that day. Very luckey the tank didn't rupture.

I hope justice is served.

Phil

I am glad that you and your son are OK-most imortant.

I know how you pour your heart and sole into a car. I have been working on my 67 for several years. It would kill me if it got toataled or even hit. I guess that you are still young enough to take on another mopar. I am 67 now and in the past restored a 71 Camero (sons) and a 66 VW (sons) but I don't think that I would attempt another reatoration.

Sorry

Dave

As said earlier, at least both of you survived with out major injury or worse.

That car looks pretty bad. I'm surprised though, the front frame rails look fine, it looks like the inner fenders just peeled off.

I know you guys on the west coast may think I'm nuts but that car can be fixed, the front would be easy. The rear is pretty bad but I have seen worse and they come out nice. A buddy of mine has a 65 Barracuda that was rear ended so bad the left tail light was over the left rear tire, it pulled the rear of the car down and in so far that the rear window was just hanging there in mid air. He had a friend of ours put it on the frame rack just for kicks to see if he could get it straight enough for new quarters so he could tub it with a complete rear frame clip but It came out so straight that it only needs one quarter and the rear panel, and the only thing wrong with the frame rails is the left one has two pie cuts that need to be fixed and he had to dolly out one small section of the trunk floor. The surprising part is he only had about 7 hours on the frame rack.

Being in the midwest, I'm use to seeing cars fixed that would get junked on the west coast, granted our problem is usually rust but if it was my car and it has the sentimental value to you that my Fish or my fathers 63 does to me then I wouldn't let anyone tell me it couldn't be done, I would actually feel that I owe it to myself to try before I gave up on it, that may be just me though. At the very least spend a few bucks at a good frame shop and see what it looks like after it is pulled out, if the frame is to far gone then just hang a new set of quarters, deck lid and tail panel on it then tub it, you only need the outer sheet metal for that and you can save the car.

Take a look at what this guy fixed down in Texas.

http://www.impalas.net/forums/showthread.php?t=686

My car was rough but it was my first car and I couldn't get myself to part with it. Here is a peek at it when I had the back cut up, I had also removed the tail panel but I can't find that photo.

P1010138.jpg

P1000434.jpg

P1010343.jpg
Photo1354.jpg

A couple silver linings from all of this:

1. it looks like the entire interior is salvageable. That might be a grand or three in parts that you'll save.

2. the scoops look maybe salvageable? $200-300 right there.

3. The wheels look alright, as do the mirrors and doors (maybe?)

4. the drivetrain hopefully is alright.

Really sad too, it's a sunroofer :(

theglass looks alright to man that really does suck. sorry about the loss

Thats disgusting....I threw up a little in my mouth. Dude I am sooo sorry... good luck getting a 'new' car...I hope you can get one fast to dive right in to building another great duster.

Glad you and your family are ok. that could have been super ugly!

Aloha

We too, are glad that you & your son are OK, but we feel your pain at losing that beautiful ride. Just remember, all of us are behind you, & here for support as you build your next project. Hope to see a new ride posted by you soon!

Dave & Debbie

first off let me put in my sentiments about this tragedy, glad you and your sun are ok, sorry about your beautiful duster

i do however agree that some parts are definately salvageable, the whole interior, the doors (with mirrors), looks like all the glass though the windows are down so who knows about those, and even the drivers side fender, maybe the scoops but youd have to replace the rivets or bolts(however they are held on on your car) they look like some completely ripped off, engine and drive train?, thats probably it... good luck with what ever you do with the car and with whatever is going on with the guy that hit you.

Ouch! Glad you & your son are OK. Your car was VERY nice man. I know the feeling when your pride and joy gets wrecked;
watch

Except I was the dumba$$ to blame for mine.
Hope everything works out with the insurance.

-
Back