duster weight

-

93toyota

Reaction score
I have a 71 duster with a 3spd manual and an 8 3/4 rear. originally it came with a 318 but now has a 360. I need new leafs and I am confused as to the weight of the car. Summit has different springs with different weights. Can anyone help? Is summit a good choice? SS or OE or XHD?

My 70 4 door Valiant and I weighed 3116 at Englishtown back in May.
225, 904, 8 3/4, full interior, 1/2 tank of fuel, I weigh 225lbs

Go with the XHD's if that's the only reason you're asking. The SS's really aren't necessary unless you're seeing frequent strip duty--ask MikelBeck, he stuck some SS springs on his Duster, good testimonial for SS on a stip car! I got mine (XHD) from Mancini, but I've never had any reason to doubt summit.

MY duster # in at 2790 with a 6 in her now with the 340 in her 3100 maybe . i like the ss springs but it's your car put what make you happy.

I put SS springs in my Duster, and think they are just fine for the street. That is the only place it gets driven, for the time being. The ride is firm, but I would not describe it as harsh. I'm also using Dakota truck shocks (rear) modded to fit. The SS springs give about 2 1/2 inches lift. I offset that by inverting the front spring hangers for what looks like a close to stock ride height, but still needed longer shocks. Or maybe the shocks that were on it when I got it were too short (wrong) already. In any case, I really like the way it rides and handles with the SS springs.

-
Back