E-85 on a 360

-
quick fuel technology make an conversion for 4150 holleys ...give you two new metering blocks set up for e85....and you will need to change air bleeds....up the size of the squirter...

new needle and seats..no viton...

get the newer acelerator pumps...that are alcohol resisitance...parts alone will cost ya around 200 bucks...

cool, thanks !

Been running it for a while in my drag car, 440 w/12:1 compression and Predator carb set up for alcohol and tuned leaner. Works great, never gets over 190 degrees in 100 degree heat.
Be careful, it may not be true E-85 depending on where you buy it and what time of year it is. I usually mix my own, only use the pump fuel if I have to.
I have an air fuel ratio meter on my car, will not work with E-85 at anything over an idle.

I also have a predator carb.... did you drill holes in the spray bar and run a #3 cam? That's what I was going to do....just need to know the drill bit size...any tips would help me out...these carbs suck gas as it is so I figured it would be a great e 85 carb....Looking to switch.

I'm also building my 499" motor for my Demon to run on E-85.
If you're looking for some good info go to this web site.
www.e85performance.net
There is a guy on there by the name of Mark Sullens. He seems to be the go-to guy for E-85 carb conversions.

Ted

-
Back