E-Bay class action suit

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
I received an e-mail about a class action suit against E-bay. Apparently anyone who sold parts in the "automotive parts and accessories" section between April 21, 2005 and Aug. 26, 2009 is entitled to a refund because e-bay over charged the final value fee. It's a pretty long letter so I haven't read through it all yet but I did see where E-bay is having to cough up $30 million. It says the sellers will get a refund of 6.67%. If you've sold much that should ad up to a nice amount. It also says you don't have to do anything. It'll automatically be sent to you so that's a good deal. If anybody here that sold stuff in the "automotive parts and accessories" section between April 21, 2005 and Aug. 26, 2009 didn't get the e-mail you can check out the lawsuit here

http://listener1.embsvc.com/forward...c979|http://www.ebaymotorsfeeclassaction.com/

I got one, too. Did you see where the lawyers are gettin 15K all by themselves? Yeah. that's real class. Those who choose not to opt out might see 2 bucks.

I got that today also. wasnt sure what to think about it. I guess if some of you guys got it also it must be real. I guess I will wait it out and see what I get

I got one, too. Did you see where the lawyers are gettin 15K all by themselves? Yeah. that's real class. Those who choose not to opt out might see 2 bucks.

Yeah I saw that. We shoulda been lawyers since that's where the money's at. I don't know what the final figure will ad up to but I bet it's not as good as it looks. Lust like the class action suit against Porter Cable for over rating the hp #'s on their air compressors. I bought one of them and the motor croaked just out of warranty and when I checked it out it said it was only 3 hp even though the compressor was rated at 7 hp. I checked and there was a class action suit against them for over rating the motor so I signed up and in the end I could have got a $30 air cut off tool to compensate me but I'd have to pay $15 to get it shipped to me. What a joke.

Hell id be happy with 5 dollars, money is money. So like as long as my name and address are correct i would potentially receive something back?

Hell id be happy with 5 dollars, money is money. So like as long as my name and address are correct i would potentially receive something back?

That's the word on the street.

I guess we will find out in March because thats what the letter says for the day in court. I would stiil like it even if it is only 2 bucks. Its money Ebay took from me and others.

That's the nature of class action lawsuits. The $2 you might get back is not what's important- ebay is gonna have to pay $2 to thousands of people, and it adds up, serving as a punishment for their bad business practice. The lawyers have to get paid a decent rate or else they wouldn't take the case, the case would never happen, ebay wouldn't be taken to account and they would continue their bad business practice. You aren't winning much but every ebay user is winning a little when ebay is held accountable.

The lawyers are not getting 15K-the two people that brought the lawsuit are getting the 15K each. The Lawyers are getting far more...

I got it as well, and am throwing a guess of $7 at it. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I have an ebay rating of 657 and 90% of it has come from selling auto parts and since 2005. Hmmm. This is interesting. I am yet to receive an email, but looking forward to it. Over the years I have paid ebay more than I thought was fair.

I have an ebay rating of 657 and 90% of it has come from selling auto parts and since 2005. Hmmm. This is interesting. I am yet to receive an email, but looking forward to it. Over the years I have paid ebay more than I thought was fair.

You might just luck out and actually get a decent amount back. I highly doubt I will get much back.

Class action suits have put many out of business. I doubt it will hurt ebay though. The settlements are only good for the attorneys and maybe the original plaintiff. They only make them class action for the $$$$ its not to help make the world a better place in most cases.

I hear a lot of people complain about their ebay fees that are charge. I have to tell you. I don't think they are that bad for the service and return they provide. My wife and I have a little retail store and have a lot of great customers. However it is a real struggle to make any money at all after paying rent, electricity, inventory, and taxes. Our overhead takes just about every penny and that is before we take any money out. We have often thought about closing up and opening an ebay store we believe that it maybe more profitable for us.

Just my thoughts on class actions suits and ebay carry on!

-
Back