E Body man converted

-

Donny D Ville

Reaction score
I was raised Mopar from my helping my dad build his (now mine) 48 Plymouth, to my moms 70 Cuda, and the three Challengers Ive had since high school. After helping my dad with a LO23 replica Dart, I had to have a Barracuda Fastback and a couple years later I finally got my 68. She is definately a project, but may be my favorite. Looking forward to cruisin my A Body around when the time comes :D

I was raised Mopar from my helping my dad build his (now mine) 48 Plymouth, to my moms 70 Cuda, and the three Challengers Ive had since high school. After helping my dad with a LO23 replica Dart, I had to have a Barracuda Fastback and a couple years later I finally got my 68. She is definately a project, but may be my favorite. Looking forward to cruisin my A Body around when the time comes :D

What LO23 recreation was that? Any of those car been at Spring Fling?

Wonder if I've seen these cars around.

Welcome to FABO, Donny, from another FABO member here in North OC. You're going to have fun here.
I'm looking forward to seeing much more of your '68 Cuda.

The Dart was never completed unfortunatey and sold as a project. It was my moms daily while i prepped and painted her Cuda. The Cuda was around for years as my moms daily and I do run into people that know that car cause my mom was always driving it (lady in a yellow 70 440 Cuda). My Challenger went to Fall Fling like 2 years ago but sat when finished then sold to my dad. Now both the Cuda and Challenger are in AZ since my parents moved. We didnt take the cars to many Mopar shows, usually brought the pickup for parts, but did take them to Cruisin For A Cure and actually had a guy spot me 5 years after he had taken some photos of my Challenger plate that read "LS6THIS". He blew up the pic into a poster and hung it in the garage since his best friend had a 70 Chevelle. My first Challenger and my moms Cuda were fairly known around town but thats about it.

Welcome Donny! Mopar families are much appreciated here :smile:. Myself, other then a uncle, I had to gain my appreciation on my own. Looking forward to seeing some pics and following your progress.

Donny, you had me at "my moms 70 Cuda ..." :-D Welcome aboard! It seems you're going to fit in well around here. Have fun with that Fastback and keep us posted on your plans and progress.

Thanks all. I will post some pics tomorrow. At the moment there really isnt a plan for the car, as in I cant decide so Im gonna just play it by ear this time. At the moment Im just trying to find a way to keep it. I kinda told my lady I was buying it as a flip car haha. Hopefully I can sell something else soon and get on this one. Its an interesting car 318 auto column with buckets, but has 150MPH speedo with 8 3/4. Also has what may be a 1 of 4 Barris rear decklids which is up for debate in another thread here. One thing for sure after restoring my last Challenger...this one is not gonna be a purist pleaser. I got really bored of my Challenger looking the way Mother Mopar intended and want this car to be a statement of myself...maybe just a shade lower class.

Thanks all. I will post some pics tomorrow. At the moment there really isnt a plan for the car, as in I cant decide so Im gonna just play it by ear this time. At the moment Im just trying to find a way to keep it. I kinda told my lady I was buying it as a flip car haha. Hopefully I can sell something else soon and get on this one. Its an interesting car 318 auto column with buckets, but has 150MPH speedo with 8 3/4. Also has what may be a 1 of 4 Barris rear decklids which is up for debate in another thread here. One thing for sure after restoring my last Challenger...this one is not gonna be a purist pleaser. I got really bored of my Challenger looking the way Mother Mopar intended and want this car to be a statement of myself...maybe just a shade lower class.

Sounds like a car with some great starter parts for a project: A-body 8 3/4, buckets, 150 speedo, V-8.

What angle are you planning to take the car? : street machine, street mod, pro street, pro touring, other? Small block, big block, hemi?

I'd run the deck lid. I think it's the most tasteful looking item compared to the hood and 1/4 window Barris treatments. I will always stand out and be unique because of that.

I guess the direction of the car is kinda gonna depend on what I keep in my fleet. If I decide to make my 48 a cruiser and not a bruiser then I will prolly go more Super Stock route, but if I sell my 240sx then I need a handling car for the auto x unless I keep my 63 Bug and make it suitable. Its raining projects over here and I have no embrella.

Here are some pics...prepare to be amazed at the awesomeness

Attachments

• IMG_20130424_141121.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20130424_141152.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20130424_141428.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20130424_141512.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 114
Is that deck lid trim painted??? Hopefully it's hiding and protecting pristine metal under there ... those two pieces, especially the lower, are widely considered to be "unobtainium" in the hunt for decent Cuda parts.

I'm still sitting here amazed at all the awesomeness. :-D

It is painted in black wrinkle finish as is the face of the declid spoiler. This was how the Barris Kustoms Barracuda kits were painted. Its fading and looks to be pretty nice underneith but I will just repaint the wrinkle again anyways.

-
Back