• Promaxx

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • 440 Source

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Stick to your 452's, and do a little work

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
-
It's going in a truck? So 40lbs off the nose? No brainer.
Weight is probably 35% of the reason I'd go aluminum over the 452's, be it truck or car, for that matter. Cost is about 35% of the other reason, the cost to get the 452's where I'd want them would be pretty close to new aluminum. The other 30% would be flow.

Just got off the phone with Promaxx. There BB 210 heads are 6 weeks out, fully assembled. I really look at .400 lift flow - 256 cfm's, and @ .500 278 cfm's. It's hard not to like these heads.

Just got off the phone with Promaxx. There BB 210 heads are 6 weeks out, fully assembled. I really look at .400 lift flow - 256 cfm's, and @ .500 278 cfm's. It's hard not to like these heads.

I only ever had one set of ProMax heads in my hands and they were my buddy’s standard port small block heads. I was impressed by the quality of the work, including the valve job. You may have seen the post I made about them.

That makes no sense.
A tank of gas is over 200 lb... I couldn't even tell you what a load of firewood weighs.. I don't see what 40 lb of the front of my truck is going to do...
Remember it's just the best choice of these three heads.. not the combination of what it's going in what it's doing or what they expectations are...

I only ever had one set of ProMax heads in my hands and they were my buddy’s standard port small block heads. I was impressed by the quality of the work, including the valve job. You may have seen the post I made about them.
I remember that post. I also know a guy that put the Shockers on a stroked small block. Seems everyone that bought or inspected Promaxx likes the work. The E-streets aren't getting much love in the votes, but PHR gave a thumbs up to them. IF I was ordering today, promaxx would be the choice.

A tank of gas is over 200 lb... I couldn't even tell you what a load of firewood weighs.. I don't see what 40 lb of the front of my truck is going to do...
Remember it's just the best choice of these three heads.. not the combination of what it's going in what it's doing or what they expectations are...
How happily you seem to leave out that I stated a goal in the 1st post - 450 - 500 HP street/pump gas motor. So, doesn't matter if the 440 is going in a bus, airplane, boat, crane, or Duster, which is the best of the 3 heads listed for quality, and performance. Asking those that have experienced one or all three of the listed heads (which you obviously haven't but commenting for all the off topic - turn the thread sideways, and muddy water comments LOL).

I like the way you defy logic and laugh at it LOL... Your building a drag motor but you don't want heads capable of higher RPM... :popcorn:...
For the goal, he won’t need higher “RPMing” heads.
He is making sense.

Ok grumpy

For the goal, he won’t need higher “RPMing” heads.
He is making sense.
There are more folks than just me asking this very question. Joe showed his E-street inspected by Ed. Ed did a great job but I wasn't impressed with the E-streets OOTB. I think anyone who is considering 440source will also be looking at Promaxx, and probably E-streets, and even the Sidewinders that someone posted a link to. As many machine shop/head guys that we have here on this site, I thought it would be a good thread for "Insight". I'm very interested in others experiences. It's not "me specific" or my personal "build" as Jpar wants to talk about ET goals and gears, and Winnebago's :D. As for Jpar, he works overtime to try and get havoc started in my threads.

You nailed that one!!

As for this thread........ for a 440 making slightly over 1hp/ci....... any of the proposed options will easily get the job done.
Pick one and move on.......
Eeny meeny miny mo
Thanks to all that contributed. IF I was to order today, I would order the Promaxx. Guy was super nice on the phone, and all testimonies on and off the site have been pretty positive with Promaxx's valve jobs and such. Thanks again :)

Thanks to all that contributed. IF I was to order today, I would order the Promaxx. Guy was super nice on the phone, and all testimonies on and off the site have been pretty positive with Promaxx's valve jobs and such. Thanks again :)

If his name was Jason I think he owns the business.

I’m going to change my vote to ProMaxx, too. Because we all know this is, after all, called “Drag Truck”. And there’s mention of a trailer used to take it out to the track. So, knowing the progression of where things lead, one day the goal may be 550 to somewhere over the 600+ horsepower limit of the stock block. So go ahead and get heads that will give you room to make use of 260 [email protected] with .600 lift, larger induction, and lower gears. Because like you say so often, the direction changes. And this one may easily turn into the one that you want to go really fast with.

I’m already rooting for a tunnel Ram with a pair of 4150s and some 4.88 gears!

I’m going to change my vote to ProMaxx, too. Because we all know this is, after all, called “Drag Truck”. And there’s mention of a trailer used to take it out to the track. So, knowing the progression of where things lead, one day the goal may be 550 to somewhere over the 600+ horsepower limit of the stock block. So go ahead and get heads that will give you room to make use of 260 [email protected] with .600 lift, larger induction, and lower gears. Because like you say so often, the direction changes. And this one may easily turn into the one that you want to go really fast with.

I’m already rooting for a tunnel Ram with a pair of 4150s and some 4.88 gears!
Love your enthusiasm!! Never get caught up in the name "Drag Truck". We had to "Drag" it out of a field :D

They’d know that if they’d pay attention to what you are saying on your channel….:rolleyes:

I'm glad you said it because if I do I get called troublemaker grumpy and everything else...

-
Back