Eagle 340 cast 416 stroker crank??

-
I have a $300 Mopar Performance 4" cast crank in my 414 stroker. I'd use it. Think about it, when there were no aftermarket Mopar cranks, what did racers use? The stock cast crank!

I have a $300 Mopar Performance 4" cast crank in my 414 stroker. I'd use it. Think about it, when there were no aftermarket Mopar cranks, what did racers use? The stock cast crank!

No such thing as a "stock" 4" cast crank for a small block.

I wouldn't trust an eagle cast crank for jack! Their forged ones are a different.

I don't think anyone is trying to steer the op from cast cranks in general, just the Eagle cast cranks. I'll be buying a Scat cast crank for my stroker project this winter.

Anybody use one of these? I the quality ok for an under 500HP stroker motor??

I've used 3 and over the years I've said the are fine for the lower power levels (under 450hp). That being said, I've seen enough first and second hand that I won't use another one. It's very easy to make more than 450hp, and many builders don't take the same steps I do to make the stress on the crank as little as possible. So - I have one that makes (by ET/weight) 480ish, and it's got 12-13K miles on it with no troubles. But I'll use Scat or step up to forged (BPE) for the next one. All told, the difference in initial cost and balancing between cast and forged is less than $400. If the engine costs 7K that's less than 17% for some real peace of mind.

I've used stock 360 cast cranks in my racers making 500 HP and they only lasted 10 years. My 410 has a cast 4" crank and its been just fine. I must say I don't race it much. Sorry I uploaded the underside first during construction.

Attachments

• racecar 005.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 313
  • racecar 002.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 317

MP 4 inch cast crank is a SCAT crank.

after reading everyone breaking an eagle crank, i wouldn't put one in my lawn mower...

-
Back