Early 273 offenhauser intake?

-

P.J.H.

Reaction score
This intake was buried under all the other bits and pieces inside a 67 barracuda I recently picked up. The car had no engine, Originally it was a 273 car ,but the last mill it had in it was a latter 360. I've done some searching here and around the net, I've found a fair bit of info on the Offy 360's.I found info on the single and duel port manifolds, but I didn't see one that looks like this one. The runners are very flat, it almost seems like the plenum is the height of the other manifolds I've seen, but the runners are much lower. I was wondering if this was for an early 273, or later 273/318's. I haven't decided what I'm doing engine wise yet, but I doubt I would use this on anything bigger than a 273. People have mixed opinions about these manifolds, some say they are ok, others say they are a gimmick, especially the dual port ones.

20171212_104351_resized.jpg
20171212_104440_resized.jpg

It looks like a 66 and up manifold as far as I can tell by the bolt hole size and angle. Hard to see for sure with the photos and angle. It's not a Dual Port for sure and looks like about the same height as the oem cast HP manifolds. Aparently no part number stamp anywhere?

No part number. I looked everywhere. I'ts defiantly different from the other Offy manifolds I've been seeing for small block mopars. Most likely seeing 340-360 manifolds? I'll try to find a pic.

Looks like a #5613. #5489 is for 64 and 65.
Capture.PNG

Gotta be...the 340-360 5884# is most likely what I'm seeing all over the net. Ya that offy catalog is about as old school as you can get. That is the manifold though, it's divided up the center,and has those itty bitty little dividers that make for a very short runner.

I believe that intake has the small ports for the early SB heads. 65'

I believe that intake has the small ports for the early SB heads. 65'
The bolt hole size and bolt angle would make it a 65. 66 and newer use 3/8" bolts and a different angle than 64 and 65 273's do. 273 and 318 ports are the same regardless of year. Without a part number or a clear measurement and photo of the bolt holes who's to know.

offy breaks away from the 180 and goes 360..then goes crazy with the dual port 360! 3/8 bolts is the 66

-
Back