early a body 273 motor mount brackets

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
left bracket is different from 273. 273-318 same 340 360 same left side. right side all same, except spool vs biscuit mount

stock 360 right side will work without any modification?
i got some plans from another member on how to modify the right side 273 mount to work for a 360 an also ran across this while doing some research:http://http://www.hotrod.com/projectbuild/hrdp_9810_1965_plymouth_valiant_engine_swap/photo_16.html

i was going to just use shumachers conversion kit but the same member i got the mount modification plan from, ran into some fitment issues with the right side mount from shumacher contacting his 1.00" t bars for his early a 360 car.

The early mounts are different from the 67 and up mounts. 273 mounts can be made easy to work on a 360

so would i be better off using later 273 mounts or early ones?
Yes just use a couple washers on the left mount and cut an ear off the back side of the right mount and weld it on the front side. That is how me and several others on here have done it. It works well and keeps everything in line and dont cost 150 like the shumaker mounts.

looking for a set of early a 273 motor mount brackets to use for my 360 swap.

if you are working on an early a-body then you need early a-body mounts.....

you can modify your stock early a-body 273 mount or just buy a new mount from schumacher..

http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsYear/63.66aBody.html

earlya-bodymount.jpg

okay thanks guys. im still searching for a set of early a 273 mounting brackets. i was going to buy the shumacher kit but another member had trouble fitting them with his 1.00" t bars on his early a with a 360. so im gunna just modify the stock 273 ones. let me know if you know of any, thanks.

the motor mounts shouldn't be anywhere near interfering with the torsion bars.. i think you misunderstood something there..

i don't care what mount you use. the tti and 1" bars on an early abody will be a tight tight *** fit... i assisted djv on his install and his issue was more with the rubber part of the mount not the metal bracket. looks like tti never thought anyone would use a 1" bar with their header..lol

at $150 thats a pretty good deal.. even if you don't use the poly part and buy a rubber mount (which may still be an issue). have to figure what a stock 273 mount is going to cost then it needs to be modified.

that is a very good deal, i just pm'd him about the mounts for sale.

hmm well this is kinda throwing a corkscrew into my plans.

I originally planned on building a fairly "hot" 360 with eddy aluminum heads an tti's with a nice cam an roller rockers. and running with the bigger FFI 1.00" t bars that i have currently installed. I also went through FFI an had my LCA's reinforced an larger ball joint tubular uppers, ect.

But now im almost thinking it might be better to stick with a more mild 360 (stock heads with some port work and run manifolds) for simplicity an budget. and then down the road make some upgrades with the motor an exhaust an also switch over to a Dillinger coil over system an take the t bars out for header clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back