Early A body fiberglass

-

dartlove

Reaction score
Been looking for early A body fiberglass. Come across a pretty old thread on this subject. Has anybody started producing any parts? I have a 64 dart that I would sure like to lighten up. I was able to get a hood from vfn.

Hoods are about it for the 64.
GLASSTEK may be able to custom produce some parts for you.
http://marktesting.glasstek.com/
Lots of other ways to shed weight besides fiberglass depending on whether she will be track only or street-able.
Modifying or removing seats ,interior trim and panels, trunk components, bumpers & brackets, adding light weight wheels, etc.

All of that is already gone. I started out with nothing but a shell. It now has A3 by 2 frame certified to 8:50. I was just looking to shed some more weight

Time to give the doors & decklid a bath, acid bath that is........

Just read up on acid bath. Just wondering how much weight is lost? Is it worth it.

Just read up on acid bath. Just wondering how much weight is lost? Is it worth it.
Well, as much as You dare, old school pros would do it 'til they couldn't lean against the fenders w/o damaging them,lol!! Half as thick, half the weight...........

If I were doing doors, I would probably hang 'em by the hinge mounts & leave the frt. 7" of door out of the bath.....................

I have been reading alot about doing the fiberglass and talking to a friend in canada who makes vega fiberglass parts and I think I am going to give it a try myself. My parts are in excellent shape.

Ahh, fenders-doors-decklid......take us along........:popcorn:............

The process for making fiberglass is well documented on Youtube. That being said, it is very labor intensive, but more than likely well worth your time in weight savings.

Mark 'Madmax/6' swiss cheesed his toad until it weighed like 14 lbs (giggle) so he can tell you alot of places to lose weight in the body. I know you dont have the bucket seats, but they weight a ton in my 65 as well as the rear seat back. They used to sell a entire FG flip up front clip for the 64-65 Barracuda but I have not seen one in years.

They used to sell a entire FG flip up front clip for the 64-65 Barracuda but I have not seen one in years.
I have a flip front end, doors and deck lid for a 66 Cuda. Not for sale, just a FYI. Planning on putting on a 64 Signet (except the deck lid). Nose is for an altered wheel base front end.

Someone offers doors. Maybe Glasstek? I'll check. Also the front valance is available. Glasstek has rear bumpers.

Oops, just seen it was a dart. There was a lot of Plymouth talk, and I forgot the original post. I do think auto body specialties used to offer some fiberglass for darts

-
Back