Early A body Gas Cap

-
Very cool you are a member here, I've seen your caps on ebay and your handsome avitar pic on FABO, but did not realize that was your product. It looks good, I will consider getting one, just other stuff to spend $ on right now. For those who may wonder about the fit of these caps from the earlier posts here (as I did) checkout Steve's feedback as an ebay seller, all 100%. Nice ebay avitar there too by the way LOL!!

There's no question on Steve's product, it is a quality product. My handle too is at 45 degrees. I'll try what you suggested. I was thinking maybe sanding down the bar a bit.

Yes, the later caps are different. The older caps are straight forward, while the later caps have two sets of "tangs" that have to negotiate the notches in the fuel filler neck. The later cap is non-vented.

Stant makes a decent replacement for the later cap for a driver. It has a chrome base and a black plastic cross piece. It paints up well. While the cap delivered with the car was painted the body color, my local dealer only stocked a chrome version. (Like a dummy, I left the original on a gas pump and didn't realize my error til I stopped again for fuel many hundreds of miles away.

There's no question on Steve's product, it is a quality product. My handle too is at 45 degrees. I'll try what you suggested. I was thinking maybe sanding down the bar a bit.

Sometimes that's all you need is a little more to get it to go horizontal.... But, if it won't go, then, I know it's a PITA to send it back for the one that is 45 degrees off but in the end you'll probabaly be happier. I sure wish I understood why some are different then the others.

Steve

Käkö;356559 said:
You, Steve, wrote that text above in
09-08-2008, 08:59 PM

Is a another week gone or is it that "or so" text which means several weeks?
My calculation with days is more than a week, and it is lot more when i bought it.

I'm loosing my patient now and next thing what i do will be this; i contact e-bay and paypal, i will leave negative feedback, i know that won't help but maybe somebody who is willing to buy one will consider twice...

You, Steve , have now one more chance and two (2) days to prove me you really have send it that gascap, after two (2) days i will make my unpleasent move to distract your gascap business.

Käkö

thats a great way to make sure no one from here will ever want to send parts overseas.

have you considered that since it is a "gas" cap it is held up in customs on a hazmat issue?

this is the problem with using the United States postal service to ship overseas. everyone wants the cheapest shipping possible but when you accomodate that request you lose the oppurtunity to track the item. I would recommend to everyone on this board thinking about sending parts overseas to only ship either FEdex or UPS. the cost is higher but as a sender you have much more protection against getting burned by an unscrupulous buyer. it happened to me through ebay/paypal, i lost quite a bit of money AND my item that i sold.

-Tim

You, Steve, wrote that text above in
09-08-2008, 08:59 PM

Is a another week gone or is it that "or so" text which means several weeks?
My calculation with days is more than a week, and it is lot more when i bought it.

I'm loosing my patient now and next thing what i do will be this; i contact e-bay and paypal, i will leave negative feedback, i know that won't help but maybe somebody who is willing to buy one will consider twice...

You, Steve , have now one more chance and two (2) days to prove me you really have send it that gascap, after two (2) days i will make my unpleasent move to distract your gascap business.

Käkö

Kako, I guess 1073 positive feedbacks and countless dealings with people all over the internet means nothing . You're right, I set this whole thing up (now 6 years strong ) so I could take your $45.00 and run off to some foreign land and retire in complete bliss. You will get a full refund and now I will only ship express mail, (about $35.00 for the same service) but it will guarantee that the item was shipped and have a tracking #.

Good luck finding a cap to seal your 45 year old car.

Thanks,

Steve Dameron

MJF, please send me your address so I can send your cap direct to you. I'll PM you also. Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks,

Steve

thats a great way to make sure no one from here will ever want to send parts overseas.

have you considered that since it is a "gas" cap it is held up in customs on a hazmat issue?

this is the problem with using the United States postal service to ship overseas. everyone wants the cheapest shipping possible but when you accomodate that request you lose the oppurtunity to track the item. I would recommend to everyone on this board thinking about sending parts overseas to only ship either FEdex or UPS. the cost is higher but as a sender you have much more protection against getting burned by an unscrupulous buyer. it happened to me through ebay/paypal, i lost quite a bit of money AND my item that i sold.

-Tim

I don't ship overseas and I never have problems anymore when I sell parts. I don't even bother with Canada. I had a situation where I shipped to a member from another forum who lived in another country. Turned out to be a big hassle and being accused of being a thief. all over a $20 part!!!! I sent his money back and I too wished him luck finding that particular part for his 35 YO car. My suggestion, take a vacation to Portland, Oregon and visit Wildcat Auto Wreaking. Oh, by the way Steve, I got the cap to work with a little mod. Thanks

Hey Steve anything yet on a locking version yet? I still have an old stant locking one on the dart but it looks like crap. my painter buddy is about ready to get rolling on my 64 and i cant see putting that thing back on.

Sorry to hear this went south.

I can say from personal experience that Steve is a stand up guy. So stand up that when I said I was happy with my cap even though it wouldn't be straight, he insisted that I mark it for level and send it back so he could make one that fit right.

Plus, last time I checked, the cost to machine something like this out of a solid chunk of aluminum has to be more than he is charging. Just don't believe he is making any money off this deal.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it !!! Always thought these caps were fun to produce for the guy that can't make his own, but to tell you the truth, they have been the part that has been a big pain in my side LOL!!
No luck on the locking one yet, just have not had time to put in it.

The caps are not vented, but could be very easily (I drill a small hole through the center, but not all the way to the outside ) .

Thanks again !!

Steve

-Tim

Well, i have ordered, lot of parts from U.S.A, very expensive items, very cheap items and everything between, every part has something to do in A-Body MoPar.
Gas tanks, fuel lines, brakecylinders, seatbelts, racing items for a A-Body etc.
Every part has came here in Finland 4-14 days, that is a reason why i lose my patient, money is not issue here, gascap that never came is the issue, even in Australia i get the parts in 3 weeks.
I've been paid lots of sending bilss for the sellers, i know i live other side of the globe and i know it is sometimes difficult to send stuff here but this case, one small gas cap has never came and the seller said he has send it, what you do when you feel you have just been fooled?

So, Damraider has paid me my money back (well done) but that doesn't cover that main thing, if you promise to send something to somebody are you just saying that or are you really doing that what you have promised?
It is a matter of trust.

And this is a first time ever and i mean ever when i can't have a item what i have ordered and paid advance, that's upset me also, i have buying cars and parts over 20 years from U.S.A and really, this is a first time ever!

So, Damraider has paid me my money back (well done) but that doesn't cover that main thing, if you promise to send something to somebody are you just saying that or are you really doing that what you have promised?
It is a matter of trust.
You have to ask yourself, what is my motivation for NOT sending the parts ???? To two people no less !! You think I want to ruin my reputation over $45.00 ??? Come on man, don't be foolish. I do work for a living, these caps have been just fun and a way to help out guys and gals trying to keep their old classics on the road and having a good time.

I wonder if the caps do show up would you be honest enough to pay for them ??? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Thanks,

Steve

Kako, I guess 1073 positive feedbacks and countless dealings with people all over the internet means nothing . You're right, I set this whole thing up (now 6 years strong ) so I could take your $45.00 and run off to some foreign land and retire in complete bliss. You will get a full refund and now I will only ship express mail, (about $35.00 for the same service) but it will guarantee that the item was shipped and have a tracking #.

Good luck finding a cap to seal your 45 year old car.

Thanks,

Steve Dameron

Well, Steve, i have two NOS gascaps for '66 Dart.
I wanted your version of the gascap as well, i think that if it is good one (i think it is) i tell my friends about it and after that you get more orders.

And, i have always paid the shipping costs, i know what the costs are over there when you are sending stuff overseas, small pieces like a gascap has been atleast 30-60 u.s dollars at least before it is here in Finland.

You have to ask yourself, what is my motivation for NOT sending the parts ???? To two people no less !! You think I want to ruin my reputation over $45.00 ??? Come on man, don't be foolish. I do work for a living, these caps have been just fun and a way to help out guys and gals trying to keep their old classics on the road and having a good time.

I wonder if the caps do show up would you be honest enough to pay for them ??? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Thanks,

Steve

I have asked my self, "why it takes so long"...

I spoke with Steve over the phone and we decide to try again, by diffrent overseas delivery.
Hope that will work better!

Käkö;357247 said:
Well, i have ordered, lot of parts from U.S.A, very expensive items, very cheap items and everything between, every part has something to do in A-Body MoPar.
Gas tanks, fuel lines, brakecylinders, seatbelts, racing items for a A-Body etc.
Every part has came here in Finland 4-14 days, that is a reason why i lose my patient, money is not issue here, gascap that never came is the issue, even in Australia i get the parts in 3 weeks.
I've been paid lots of sending bilss for the sellers, i know i live other side of the globe and i know it is sometimes difficult to send stuff here but this case, one small gas cap has never came and the seller said he has send it, what you do when you feel you have just been fooled?

It is a matter of trust.

And this is a first time ever and i mean ever when i can't have a item what i have ordered and paid advance, that's upset me also, i have buying cars and parts over 20 years from U.S.A and really, this is a first time ever!

So does that make him dishonest because this is the first time you've had a shipping problem??.. Like one of the other members said good luck finding a cap for your old Mopar.

Kako and I worked it out, he called from Finland . I'm happy to have the bad blood out of the way and get on enjoying Mopar's !!!

Thanks to everyone for the support.

Steve Dameron

Like one of the other members said good luck finding a cap for your old Mopar.

Well, i have said it before and now i saying again; i have two NOS gas caps allready, one with a lock and one with out a lock, third piece is in my Dart Wagon, lock model that is not working.

You, dart4forte are missing the point but that doesn't matter me, i have contact Steve, damraider, by phone and we have reach understanding.

When i first saw damraider's gas cap i want it right away but still i haven't got it yet.
That was the reason why i wrote it about it.

Käkö;357927 said:
Well, i have said it before and now i saying again; i have two NOS gas caps allready, one with a lock and one with out a lock, third piece is in my Dart Wagon, lock model that is not working.

You, dart4forte are missing the point but that doesn't matter me, i have contact Steve, damraider, by phone and we have reach understanding.

When i first saw damraider's gas cap i want it right away but still i haven't got it yet.
That was the reason why i wrote it about it.

Well good luck, hope it all works out for you.

-
Back