Early A body Gas Cap

-
thats a great way to make sure no one from here will ever want to send parts overseas.

have you considered that since it is a "gas" cap it is held up in customs on a hazmat issue?

this is the problem with using the United States postal service to ship overseas. everyone wants the cheapest shipping possible but when you accomodate that request you lose the oppurtunity to track the item. I would recommend to everyone on this board thinking about sending parts overseas to only ship either FEdex or UPS. the cost is higher but as a sender you have much more protection against getting burned by an unscrupulous buyer. it happened to me through ebay/paypal, i lost quite a bit of money AND my item that i sold.

-Tim

Nice looking cap, Stant caps will fit with a small amount if filing on the tangs. Dont use FedEx to ship anything out of this country. Stick with UPS or USPS. I shipped an old $35 Mallory ignition box to Canada, cost me almost as much as the sale and then I get dinged 4 months later for a friggin brokerage fee FedEX claimed they asked the buyer to pay. Well, guess what, he never got the fee request or just didnt pay it so guess who gets it in the end? ME! I think with all the shipping fees and brokerage fees, I made 2 bucks! I dont even ship outside US anymore on any Ebay sales unless it can fit in a priority envelope and they pay the fee. Sent some plates to NZ USPS and they got there in 5 days, done deal.

Damraider send it gas caps again in 9.27.08 and now caps are here! Exellent!
And the gas caps are great!

I met Käkö a couple days ago and got my cap. Looks and fits great! The only problem is that O-ring is a bit tight, like someone mentioned before. No big deal, needs a little filing or thinner O-ring. Thanks Steve and Käkö :-D

Just read this thread and am glad that everything got resolved. I have been on both sides of transactions with Steve and haven't found a more stand up guy anywhere on the net. Caps are awesome and IMHO are priced right. Keep up the good work Steve!

-
Back