early a body headers??

-
I wish I could buy headers for a 62 Abody with a V8 in RHD....none available here, only 67 onwards

I didn't check the years, but have you looked at the Flaming River site? They do have RHD rack & pinion stuff.

ATB

BC

Im interested in putting headers on my 66 dart, but uninterested in cutting my inner fender well, and more uninterested paying around 700$. Ive been looking at some "block hugger" style headers and it looks like it can be done with some possible alterations done to the primaries on the driver side? Anybody ever tried this? And if so how did it turn out?

Don't want to cut the fender wells and you fond want to spend the money on under carriage headers that fit. Looks like unless you find a good deal on spitfires somewhere your sticking with manifolds. :)

Im interested in putting headers on my 66 dart, but uninterested in cutting my inner fender well, and more uninterested paying around 700$. Ive been looking at some "block hugger" style headers and it looks like it can be done with some possible alterations done to the primaries on the driver side? Anybody ever tried this? And if so how did it turn out?
I had very good luck with my atempt. 63 Dart 340 727 manual steering. Just sold them to a member via eBay. They can work with some creativity. I made up some long tubes for mine now and didn't need them anymore.

Larry

Attachments

• dart headers 011.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 254
  • dart headers 012.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 220
  • dart headers 021.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 236
  • dart headers 002.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 252
  • dart headers 008.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 230
  • dart headers 013.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 237
  • Dart Exhaust 022.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Dart Exhaust 031.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Dart Exhaust 017.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 244
Yea the hot rod type was what i was looking at. Thanks guys. $700+ for headers it is
Keep an open mind and don't rush in. These headers will require a mini starter (if you don't already have one), and won't work with a 727 or a three in the tree. I agree with pishta and think the Dakota logs or even the Dakota shorty headers are a worthy look / see. Summit has a good return policy and you could get them, spec them out and send them back if it won't work.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g9017
Look at the 360 view...looks like it could work. Be creative! Save money!
Unless the Dougs or TTIs are in your budget, then go for it.
FYI; I think the TTIs require a clockable starter (aprox. $300) for fitment. But I will be corrected if mistaken.
Larry

-
Back