Early A Body Sway Bars

-
Our 67+ bar is a different diameter and the center hump is completely different. If its a fitment issue I'll make it right. I sent Stop the Beast a PM.

yea, we bent the bar about 1 1/4" on EACH side and then it fit like a glove!

The pictures of the sway bar is with the suspension unloaded on the jack. I can see how the mounts on the lower a arms will become wider when the car is setting at ride height and the lower arms are more parallel with the ground. Have you checked the car with the suspension loaded before modifying the sway bar?

Attachments

• IMAG0589.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 236
The pictures of the sway bar are with the suspension unloaded on the jack. I can see how the mounts on the lower a arms will become wider when the car is setting at ride height and the lower arms are more parallel with the ground. Have you checked the car with the suspension loaded before modifying the sway bar?

yea it wasn't even close... now after modding the bar, at ride height the links are vertical and the lower BJ's do not hit the sway bar...

Our 67+ bar is a different diameter and the center hump is completely different. If its a fitment issue I'll make it right. I sent Stop the Beast a PM.

he is out of town for the weekend and i think part of the week... but he still could get on if he is as addicted as i am LOL...

EDIT: i'll take more pics at ride height and take a measurement of the sway bar from the center to center of the link holes...

On my 66 here is the stock sway bar on loaded suspension #1

Then jacked up #2

huge difference in the way it fits

Attachments

• 1966 Mauve Formula S 001.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 1966 Mauve Formula S 003.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 261
On my 66 here is the stock sway bar on loaded suspension #1

Then jacked up #2

huge difference in the way it fits

and your right... but if you notice the sway bar was almost touching the LBJ straight ahead and the upper was farther in than the lower shock mount... alot farther off than your pics of the stock setup...

as i said i'll get some pics...

ok took more pics and measurments for you guys!

pics are taken @ ride height (1/2" off bump stop)

so with the LCA bump stops up against the frame there was just a hair of clearance between the strut rod and the link.

@ ride height there is about 1/4"...

(on the bar) from link hole to link hole is 42.25", this is as tight as it can get before there are link to strut rod issues...

Attachments

• DSCN2063.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCN2064.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCN2065.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 247
Our spec for the 55914 is 43.5 inches which is about 5/8" per side wider than the fitted bar at 42.25". The wider spacing allows the bar to clear the strut rods when using the stock tab location on the control arm. If it took 1-1/4" per side we are at fault and I will replace the bar with a new bar built to spec or whatever dimension requested.

so with the LCA bump stops up against the frame there was just a hair of clearance between the strut rod and the link.

(on the bar) from link hole to link hole is 42.25", this is as tight as it can get before there are link to strut rod issues...

I suspect the sway bar floats around some in the frame mounts unless it has some sort of ridge the keeps it centered in the frame mount. Your clearances may be a little tight if that is the case on the strut rods.

Looks like some nice work being done on the front end. I like the disc brakes, sway bar, and beefed up lower arms.

Our spec for the 55914 is 43.5 inches which is about 5/8" per side wider than the fitted bar at 42.25". The wider spacing allows the bar to clear the strut rods when using the stock tab location on the control arm. If it took 1-1/4" per side we are at fault and I will replace the bar with a new bar built to spec or whatever dimension requested.

that is all up to Stop the beast... but i am glad that you, unlike alot alot of business owners in this age, is owning up to a possible flaw... that makes me have alot of respect for you and your product...

Fits like a glove! Good work.

Dave@Hellwig- Does this bar work with early-a cars with lower control arm tabs, i.e. those lower control arms with oem tabs already welded. Has it been test fitted?
thanks

-
Back