Early-A Cross Member Swap-Easy in car?

-

65Valiant310

Reaction score
Will a jack supporting the rear of the trans work, when swapping out the rear trans cross member? I got mine back from TTI (modified for an early-a with dual exhaust). I was going to loosen the trans mount bolt at the rear of the tail shaft after using a jack to support the rear of the trans, and then remove the 4 cross member bolts.

Will a jack supporting the rear of the trans work, when swapping out the rear trans cross member? I got mine back from TTI (modified for an early-a with dual exhaust). I was going to loosen the trans mount bolt at the rear of the tail shaft after using a jack to support the rear of the trans, and then remove the 4 cross member bolts.
Yes aslong as the trans is still attached to an engine,the engine mounts will hold all of it up with a jack at the back of trans.:D

Thanks. Hopefully I have enough wiggle room to drop the cross member, as it currently has dual exhaust (tight fit).

I did it a few times while making those X-member conversions for people, usually around some pretty hacked up duals that ran tight under the X-member. I was always able to slide them side to side and tap them out and let them roll down the radius of the trans subframe, then wiggle them out the other end!!

Good luck my friend, Geof

-
Back