"Early A" doesn't cut it

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You read this, correct:
"I'd submit the 62 Darts were not actually called "B" body's until the 1964 models arrived and the 62's were retro named."

If you are up to the task, find anything published pre 1963 models that publicly mentions a B Body, and get back to us.
1706829869495.png

Last edited:
Two things stand out here, "retro named", and Classic Industries is not aware there has never been a 1962 Dart 300, B body or otherwise, and those with a Polara 500 might feel a bit dejected with Classic
Geez, I'm not going to copy and paste the whole website. Click on the link and scroll down.

Thanks for the suggestion, but you are not following the rules, that discussions be about improving this website.
The term “early A” is not just from this site, that is what they are called in the Mopar world. Sorry if you don’t agree, but that’s what 63-66 A bodies are called, and have been called, for a long time.

Early A's are 60-66, Mid A's are 67-72, and late A's are 73-76, there I fixed it for you...

Early A's are 60-66, Mid A's are 67-72, and late A's are 73-76, there I fixed it for you...
I can work with that if we must, if Early A's are 60-62. Mid A's are 63-66, Late A's are 67-72, and Modern A's are 73-76?

I do not dispute that, but then I drive a Mopar, not a Chevy, I only follow the herd when it makes sense, and I have made my case.
I’ve had a 66 Barracuda for the last 30 years, and they’ve always been called early A bodies, why would you expect them to change the name of this sub forum to suit your opinion?

Follow the herd? When I first got my 66, I was literally the only one buying parts, guys at the Nats and other swap meets we’re specifically bringing me early Cuda parts, because they knew I would buy them. Heck, at one time, I had 14 sets of 66 taillights! Following the herd was not what I was doing, I was one of the very few in the herd.

Last edited:
The only other differentiation is Narrow Body vs Wide Body...60-66 vs 67-76. My way is better...

60~62 i always called toad bodies. they're different but enough the same to include, kind of like amc's at a mopar show.

63~66 early or narrow bodies
67+ regular a's

but if you're specifically talking about barracudas, you can say 1st gen, 2nd gen & 3rd gen and somebody will know what you mean. and while i guess you could say the same about darts and valiants, i always just make the delineation of early and late and call it at that.

wait, what were we talking about again? oh, that's right, some psychotic pedantical granular break down of the same body types. that's some serious eating soup with a fork behavior.

I’ve had a 66 Barracuda for the last 30 years, and they’ve always been called early A bodies, why would you expect them to change the name of this sub forum to suit your opinion?
Because I assume this site cares enough to ask its members for suggestions, and has a dedicated forum that seems to state that specifically.
I don't have high expectations that anyone's opinion matters more or less than mine.
I do however expect my reasoning for my suggestion to be given a fair review without overt bias, and everyone can judge for themselves if that is the case.
The fact a moderator at the beginning moved this thread to a general forum, has likely helped it go off the rails.
Not my loss.

"Following the herd" IMO sometimes means doing the same thing over and over and never asking or knowing why.

Last edited:
60~62 i always called toad bodies. they're different but enough the same to include, kind of like amc's at a mopar show.
Really? Share with us what the same parts say on 61 A body that will fit say a 65 A body, besides the power train.
67+ regular a's

but if you're specifically talking about barracudas, you can say 1st gen, 2nd gen & 3rd gen and somebody will know what you mean. and while i guess you could say the same about darts and valiants, i always just make the delineation of early and late and call it at that. And apparently you are in good company

wait, what were we talking about again? oh, that's right, some psychotic pedantical granular break down of the same body types. that's some serious eating soup with a fork behavior. In your mind maybe

Because I assume this site cares enough to ask its members for suggestions, and has a dedicated forum that seems to state that specifically.
I don't have high expectations that anyone's opinion matters more or less than mine.
I do however expect my reasoning for my suggestion to be given a fair review without overt bias, and everyone can judge for themselves if that is the case.
The fact a moderator at the beginning moved this thread to a general forum, has likely helped it go off the rails.
Not my loss.

"Following the herd" IMO sometimes means doing the same thing over and over and never asking or knowing why.
It’s really a non issue to me. Everybody knows what early A bodies are….before 67. Why complicate it?

67+ regular a's

but if you're specifically talking about barracudas, you can say 1st gen, 2nd gen & 3rd gen and somebody will know what you mean. and while i guess you could say the same about darts and valiants, i always just make the delineation of early and late and call it at that.

wait, what were we talking about again? oh, that's right, some psychotic pedantical granular break down of the same body types. that's some serious eating soup with a fork behavior.
You may want to research those width numbers, as we might have to start calling those wide A's B bodys, or B's A body's if that is the definer

Last edited:
It’s really a non issue to me. Everybody knows what early A bodies are….before 67. Why complicate it?
I know, its just like the woke metric system, so complicated, everybody knows that. :lol:

I made my case, they share nothing in common except an arbitrary label it seems.

Last edited:
IMO "Early A" is 1960, 61, 62. "Mid A" is 63 thru 66, and then "Late A", is everything later. "Early A" shares very little with the later cars except whatever drivetrain that they might.

hr4w0.jpg

Yes, let's reconfigure the forum so it includes categories that only 1 person on the entire planet uses. Brilliant!

What's the issue? All that matters is you get the right parts for the year model car you have, right? I don't call up and say "I need XXXX for an early A body". I give a year, make and model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back