Early A restoration on TV

-
I agree with Barbee, show the average person how to repair what he has without spending a life's fortune.

One tuff window. Ouch!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 110
Any guesses on how the parts and labor broke down? Interior 4k? Paint 15k? Chrome 3k? Valiant hubcaps $80 (okay apiece), rebuild engine 4k? Tranny 2k?...
Said he was under the projected budget (labor) at 720 hours.

Show was dedicated to Velvet ('53 Studebaker lady), age 49.

The paint on the right front fender and hood did not match when the owner pulled into the shop. Bondo in the lower rear quarters makes it a legitimate Mopar. Floor panels only received spot repairs.

Dan Short didn't watch Desert Car Kings because they put the rear window on the same body shop stand that the bumper fell on in DCK (maybe added TV suspense)?

Desert Car Kings sold their 64 Barracuda for 7k and made $125.00.

Desert Car Kings idea of a rebuilt motor is a can of krylon.
I like watching the shows, just to keep my motivation going.

Desert Car Kings idea of a rebuilt motor is a can of krylon.
I like watching the shows, just to keep my motivation going.

it would be great to have a car show on tv worth watching, just to keep us motivated, I agree!!!! 100 times more motivation on this site!!!

for years the car mags gave me motivation, until decades ago I swore them OFF!

I need a back glass for my 65 Barracuda. The original owner put it under a tarp with bungy cords in the Panhandle of Texas! The wind never stops blowing and it scratched the glass pretty bad. I find the glass all the time, just not close to here. If anybody has one at a decent price anywhere near Abilene Texas, let me know. I found 1 for $1000, I told him he had been watching too many tv shows.

-
Back