Early arrival gate fee, any other tracks doing this?

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
Just saw on Pine Valley's (Lufkin Tx) Facebook page that gates open at 3pm to load in, but you can come in early IF you pay an extra $25 "Convenience fee". I've been racing for 10 years now and have Never seen this fee before. I have however come to this track several times this year and found the gates locked but half a dozen or so trailers already parked where there were zero early that morning. I have always hated that crap where they tell you that you cannot load in early but they let a few of their friends do it. Now there are going to charge you $25 for it. This hobby is expensive enough as it is without adding extra fees. Other local tracks charge between 40 to 60 dollars entry fee for no box class and you get 2 time trials. This place charges $90 plus another 10 bucks for a 2nd time trial which everybody buys. The purses aren't any bigger than the tracks charging 60% less, so it's no wonder their car counts are way down.

It all costs money. If the track owner isn't at the pit gate monitoring, collecting entry fees, and the like they have to hire someone to come in early to do it.

Just saw on Pine Valley's (Lufkin Tx) Facebook page that gates open at 3pm to load in, but you can come in early IF you pay an extra $25 "Convenience fee". I've been racing for 10 years now and have Never seen this fee before. I have however come to this track several times this year and found the gates locked but half a dozen or so trailers already parked where there were zero early that morning. I have always hated that crap where they tell you that you cannot load in early but they let a few of their friends do it. Now there are going to charge you $25 for it. This hobby is expensive enough as it is without adding extra fees. Other local tracks charge between 40 to 60 dollars entry fee for no box class and you get 2 time trials. This place charges $90 plus another 10 bucks for a 2nd time trial which everybody buys. The purses aren't any bigger than the tracks charging 60% less, so it's no wonder their car counts are way down.

Our track has spots that we can rent yearly but it’s not cheap. I rent one for convenience but we still give up our spots and must vacate for certain races. We also have guys that stay in these spots but if you look into it most of them are not only racers but work the races too. Those may be the parked trailers you are seeing.

Sounds like when my local track wanted to charge insurance for pit bikes.....lasted about one weekend.

So they are charging an extra $25 just to get in early to be able to unload your stuff and wait for the racing to begin? Where do some of these track owners come up with some of their ideas is beyond me.

That's a great idea actually.... you don't HAVE to pay it.. but people wanting to come early and setup early will pay it and the track makes more money which helps them stay open.. anything that keeps tracks open is a good thing :)

That's a great idea actually.... you don't HAVE to pay it.. but people wanting to come early and setup early will pay it and the track makes more money which helps them stay open.. anything that keeps tracks open is a good thing :)
Just like booze, smokes, cannabis and lottery tickets.............All voluntary payments. Keeps prices (taxes in this case) lower for the rest of us. :thumbsup:

-
Back