Early washer pump location

-

TAK65

Reaction score
Hi all,
so I found the windshield washer foot pump off ebay for my 1963 Dart. Can anyone advise of the pumps location, should it be above or beside the headlight dimmer switch? Or even better, a pic?

I'm almost positive you will find the original mounting location under the carpet if the car had one.

I'm almost positive you will find the original mounting location under the carpet if the car had one.

That's the problem, it apparently did not. But in the finnish summer with its billions of mosquitos and whatnot bugs you really do need a windshield washer :protest:

That's the problem, it apparently did not. But in the finnish summer with its billions of mosquitos and whatnot bugs you really do need a windshield washer :protest:

No doubt.
I remember a few of us finding the exact factory location before but I don't remember what it was.
It was a (so many inches from the floor and so many from the kick panel) thing but I don't remember the measurement.
Just that it was above and to the right of the dimmer switch.

As long as we keep your post in the foreground you should get the answer fairly quickly.

I'm fairly confident the early-a's never had foot-pump windshield washers. But I could be wrong.

you know Wildcat Salvage yard in Oregon maybe able to get a picture to you of one. I have had very good luck with them for information only type stuff.

From what I know electric pump came for 1965 models.
This is true for 65 but manual pumps were a cheaper add on my Grandpa had a 71 Swinger had a foot pump.

He bought it new every option you could imagine. Rim blow steering wheel and all.... But damn if he paid 5 more bucks for an electric pump! Lol

-
Back