Easiest 727/904 rebuild thread...

-
CL FBMP OfferUp Who did your homework in school? Your sister or your mom? I recently bought 4 727; all 71-78 for $100 off CL. That's $25 each...need a citation for that too?

thanks for the charming response i hadn't thought to check any of those resources.

JYH--The fella is living in lala land with his $600 rebuilds and $25 cores. Those are 1990's prices. Not at all today's prices.
my thoughts exactly. btw, CL los angeles lists all of ONE 727 for $50 and it looks like it was in the bottom of a lake. i'd burn half a day and almost that in gas to go get it, too.

with all that blustery rhetoric, at this point, i'm doubtful he even builds transmissions.

The last TF I bought was 5 bucks, granted it was only the pan. lol
I think j par is doing a great job here going through the steps for rebuilding a TF.
a very valuable asset to the forum for the do it yourselfers, for which I am from day one starting at 14years old.
Learned alot in 60 years and still learning, well sort of.

my thoughts exactly. btw, CL los angeles lists all of ONE 727 for $50 and it looks like it was in the bottom of a lake. i'd burn half a day and almost that in gas to go get it, too.

with all that blustery rhetoric, at this point, i'm doubtful he even builds transmissions.
So what if it was at the bottom of a lake? It's $50 just like I said, but not to worry you're stupid enough to follow jdog's advice and attempt to rebuild it. And there's another one for $50 listed on CL IE. It's been quite a while since I've seen so many worthless ignorant posts in a row, but you clowns just keep popping up out of the woodwork. Keep 'em coming, we all want to see how pathetic you are.

JYH--The fella is living in lala land with his $600 rebuilds and $25 cores. Those are 1990's prices. Not at all today's prices.
So true, cores are now $50, and I had to raise my price on 727 rebuilds to $750 because Red Eagle prices tripled and my other costs have as well and I'm installing five Red Eagles in 3rd gear in every single one of my $750 rebuilds. And a Kevlar front band and shift upgrades. What are YOU doing for the community? If you think I'm insulting on here, you should see how I answer stupid people who contact me about rebuilds....AAMCO I ain't.

Just out of curiosity: I see one 4 pinion planetary, how many is the other one? And how many front clutch return springs?

So true, cores are now $50, and I had to raise my price on 727 rebuilds to $750 because Red Eagle prices tripled and my other costs have as well and I'm installing five Red Eagles in 3rd gear in every single one of my $750 rebuilds. And a Kevlar front band and shift upgrades. What are YOU doing for the community? If you think I'm insulting on here, you should see how I answer stupid people who contact me about rebuilds....AAMCO I ain't.
wow. i'd wager a shiny nickle that if i had a problem with one of your builds that your customer service would be nothing short of spectacular.

Just out of curiosity: I see one 4 pinion planetary, how many is the other one? And how many front clutch return springs?
Wednesday I'll be able to post pictures of anything you would like, please remind me then..

wow. i'd wager a shiny nickle that if i had a problem with one of your builds that your customer service would be nothing short of spectacular.
If you had a problem with one of my builds, it would be YOU who caused it. OTOH, if the builder screwed it up, do you want the SAME CLOWN working on it again?!? So you can R&R it AGAIN; with your fingers crossed? I doubt it. I get rebuilds all the time that are still under somebody else's warranty; TCI included...they're tired of taking it back out and/or paying shipping. 5 Red Eagles, baby ohhellya; I've taken apart TCI's with THREE. Everybody acts like you need special parts to do it...A word to the wise is sufficient...where are they?

I rebuilt a C4 for a guy one time. He called and said it didn't work; wouldn't even move. He said he revved it and nothing. Had a new torque converter he bought off a buddy... So he brings the trans back along with the converter. I said where's the converter? He picks it up out of his trunk with one hand; like an 8" donut...5k stall...His old worn out 302 two barrel couldn't even rev high enough to hit stall.

anyone claiming to be a great transmission builder or even know anything would not make this claim . this one wins rookie of the year ........two years in a row . :rofl: :rofl:

You don't know a thing about the old high stall converters. And all I can do is report what the customer told me. It worked fine with a stock converter...but keep on posting your deep thoughts... You're just another dummy on here with nothing of value to add...like the clown who criticizes me as if I would ever work for him....but why would you need my help; you can just follow Jpar's advice and build your own right? No problem..

Last edited:
I unlocked my ignored people for this page to see what everybody was talking about...
Well I leave it up to the masses to decide whether they want this hack job guy to rebuild their transmission and if anything goes wrong remember it's your fault...
Or follow my own advice and rebuild your own transmission at virtually no cost and if anything goes wrong it's your fault LOL...
You won't have to deal with this know it all...
Listen to the way this guy goes on... I wouldn't waste my pee on his head if his hair was on fire...
Let alone bring him a transmission expecting any kind of good customer service...

I unlocked my ignored people for this page to see what everybody was talking about...
Well I leave it up to the masses to decide whether they want this hack job guy to rebuild their transmission and if anything goes wrong remember it's your fault...
Or follow my own advice and rebuild your own transmission at virtually no cost and if anything goes wrong it's your fault LOL...
You won't have to deal with this know it all...
Listen to the way this guy goes on... I wouldn't waste my pee on his head if his hair was on fire...
Let alone bring him a transmission expecting any kind of good customer service...
He said himself that he has not gotten one job from this site. But that’s not why he here.

Notice how no other rebuilder is willing to comment? That's because I'm saying all the things that they wish they had the guts to say to all the stupid questions stupid people ask. Most of you guys want to be treated like you know something about automatics, but a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. You want a warranty to cover your screw-ups. Guys break pumps or start them with no fluid and then ask me how much to fix. I say I don't even wanna work for you no more. Look at TCI's warranty. If you send them back a trans with a broken pump, not only will they not even work on it, but you still have to pay shipping both ways. Read it. I know the other rebuilders are reading this thread just to get a good laugh at all the dummies who wanna be treated with respect as tho they know something. I don't give a rat's *** cuz I'm always booked up solid. And that's with NO PAPERWORK WHATSOEVER. You don't even get a receipt from me. Sure, I'll help out after the fact, but it's always the morons who break **** then expect somebody else to clean up their mess. I don't care if you're dumb enough to follow the lame *** advice jpar is giving you cuz there's always some dummy thinking it's as simple as taking stuff apart and getting it back together. Sometimes it is; and more power to ya...but when that dog isn't working right and you don't know why...that's okay...that's what I AM HERE FOR. I will answer anybody's questions about what they might have screwed up in their "rebuild"...even YOURS jpar.. See, if I rebuilt it, then I know it CAN"T be an internal problem. I come on here for fun to help out the poor slob who is at his wit's end. I look forward to laughing at your mistakes while I'm helping you straighten out your mess.

You don't know a thing about the old high stall converters. And all I can do is report what the customer told me. It worked fine with a stock converter...but keep on posting your deep thoughts... You're just another dummy on here with nothing of value to add...like the clown who criticizes me as if I would ever work for him....but why would you need my help; you can just follow Jpar's advice and build your own right? No problem..

The 5TH Tit . :rofl:

Notice how no other rebuilder is willing to comment? That's because I'm saying all the things that they wish they had the guts to say to all the stupid questions stupid people ask. Most of you guys want to be treated like you know something about automatics, but a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. You want a warranty to cover your screw-ups. Guys break pumps or start them with no fluid and then ask me how much to fix. I say I don't even wanna work for you no more. Look at TCI's warranty. If you send them back a trans with a broken pump, not only will they not even work on it, but you still have to pay shipping both ways. Read it. I know the other rebuilders are reading this thread just to get a good laugh at all the dummies who wanna be treated with respect as tho they know something. I don't give a rat's *** cuz I'm always booked up solid. And that's with NO PAPERWORK WHATSOEVER. You don't even get a receipt from me. Sure, I'll help out after the fact, but it's always the morons who break **** then expect somebody else to clean up their mess. I don't care if you're dumb enough to follow the lame *** advice jpar is giving you cuz there's always some dummy thinking it's as simple as taking stuff apart and getting it back together. Sometimes it is; and more power to ya...but when that dog isn't working right and you don't know why...that's okay...that's what I AM HERE FOR. I will answer anybody's questions about what they might have screwed up in their "rebuild"...even YOURS jpar.. See, if I rebuilt it, then I know it CAN"T be an internal problem. I come on here for fun to help out the poor slob who is at his wit's end. I look forward to laughing at your mistakes while I'm helping you straighten out your mess.
This is the exact "horse crap" he wants in your head... I've said it several times I don't know much about 727's or 904's... BUT everyone I've rebuilt has worked 100% flawless...
Because how "SIMPLE" they are ..
Just keep in mind if you let this hack job rebuild your transmission you won't get a receipt for the work and anything that goes wrong it's "YOUR FAULT"!!!... He's incapable of making a mistake..
There's no magic... Just simple mechanical hydraulic fluid diversion... The systems are easily testable with air before SIMPLE assembly....
The transmission shop supervisor (now retired) who gave me advice on my first 904 said "if one of his men couldn't rebuild at least three 904's in a shift they wouldn't have a job very long"...
Every time hack job opens his mouth he leaves no doubt.... My favorite is when he makes stuff up ...
And by the way no reputable transmission builder would comment and tangle with this turd and risk getting stinky...
Should only be a couple more days and back on the 904...
Hack turd back on egnor....

Well well looks like I might give it the old College try I have two of them that could use a rebuild sitting in storage and the last time I had any rebuilt was $150 in 1996 and $325 in 2004....my my my prices have changed...I used to have a VHS tape of 727 rebuild procedures but guess what...no vcr wtf..Anyway I really respect you doing all your own **** Jpar even if it isn't the same way someone else does theirs...Good luck and following progress as always!

-
Back