Easiest 727/904 rebuild thread...

-
Duane you're an idiot if you think I'm in here to drum up business. I have never received any work from this site. I just compare my prices to some scammers so people know what's fair and what isn't. PLUS, I'm always on here helping people straighten out messes that somebody has thrown together; sorta like how this pos trans job is going. What are the chances that this rustbucket junker is ever going to be clean enough to not contaminate the valves? HIGHLY UNLIKELY. Encouraging folks to rebuild that piece of crap is downright misleading. You can buy TFs for $50-100 all day long; why start with a problematic trans? This guy isn't going to admit to all the problems he ends up with, I can tell you that right off. Just about anybody can rebuild a TF, but you have to use some common sense. Start with one that hasn't been underwater or one that's fried from front to back. It's all fun and games until you install it and it has some weird type of problem that nobody can track down because of something that you overlooked; like this guy is doing. This is the blind leading the blind and you're encouraging it Duane. I think you want people to fail.

"I'm going to ask toolmanMike to dial you back"... That's trying to get me banned. So don't lie about it. You're just a chumpass liar. I wouldn't mind getting banned from this site with so many a-holes on here.... and where's the guy who's supposed to be checking posts for accuracy? Asleep? Go ahead and ban me; too many fools on here with no common sense.

Why not cut the guy some slack? OR you could reach out to Joey and apply for a mod job?
How many members here 50k? And you're surprised there are assholes?
If you lived in a city of 50k, would there be assholes/diddlers/drunks/wife beaters?
You betcha! And what would you do about them? Harass them all? Join a club, make a gang?
"dialing you back" can happen, I was stopped from posting in a specific thread. I'm honestly surprised it hasnt happened yet, but mods probably got blinders on looking at for sale threads, or "on the lookout" for potential sale threads lol.
"I'm going to ask toolmanMike to dial you back"... That's trying to get me banned. So don't lie about it. You're just a chumpass liar. I wouldn't mind getting banned from this site with so many a-holes on here.... and where's the guy who's supposed to be checking posts for accuracy? Asleep? Go ahead and ban me; too many fools on here with no common sense.

I'm always in here encouraging people to rebuild their own, but with caution. I can't take any chances and I don't encourage anybody else to either...because the circle jerk attitude displayed by jpar just doesn't work out too well when you realize that the trans you just "rebuilt" has to come back out...AGAIN. Every trans I rebuild has to work right the first time and not leak...period; no exceptions. I guess it doesn't bother some people that they are misleading folks and causing them great frustration in the future. Not their problem; right? ...So let the cluster-**** continue...

Duane you're an idiot if you think I'm in here to drum up business. I have never received any work from this site. I just compare my prices to some scammers so people know what's fair and what isn't. PLUS, I'm always on here helping people straighten out messes that somebody has thrown together; sorta like how this pos trans job is going. What are the chances that this rustbucket junker is ever going to be clean enough to not contaminate the valves? HIGHLY UNLIKELY. Encouraging folks to rebuild that piece of crap is downright misleading. You can buy TFs for $50-100 all day long; why start with a problematic trans? This guy isn't going to admit to all the problems he ends up with, I can tell you that right off. Just about anybody can rebuild a TF, but you have to use some common sense. Start with one that hasn't been underwater or one that's fried from front to back. It's all fun and games until you install it and it has some weird type of problem that nobody can track down because of something that you overlooked; like this guy is doing. This is the blind leading the blind and you're encouraging it Duane. I think you want people to fail.
You have not pointed out one fact that he has done wrong. You have assumed and speculated. You said he took the servo apart for no reason. The spring was broken, it had to be changed. You said the retainer was installed upside down, I can see how that picture looks that way, but he has it right.
I have seen you in a better mood and be helpful and I’ve given you credit for that.
But I have not seen that side of you so far in this thread, only unjustified criticism.
You are capable of helping, I’ve seen you do it, you just need to change your tone and be helpful. Comments you made about types of cleaners you like to use are very helpful.
And like Jpar had said, what really matters is does it run when you put it back together.
Doing things a different way than you do, does not make it wrong.

I'm always in here encouraging people to rebuild their own, but with caution. I can't take any chances and I don't encourage anybody else to either...because the circle jerk attitude displayed by jpar just doesn't work out too well when you realize that the trans you just "rebuilt" has to come back out...AGAIN. Every trans I rebuild has to work right the first time and not leak...period; no exceptions. I guess it doesn't bother some people that they are misleading folks and causing them great frustration in the future. Not their problem; right? ...So let the cluster-**** continue...
If you are running a business like you are and have to protect your lively hood and your reputation, then I understand your position. But this thread is for hobby people.
There are also air tests that can be done before the trans goes into the vehicle to verify correct operation. Sometimes part of learning means making a mistake.
That’s a risk any do it yourself etc knows when tackling a job like this. And part of the satisfaction of this hobby is when it does work and you can say I did it myself.

That’s what filters are for. Every trans on the road that has any clutch wear is technically contaminated.

Why don't you go tell us how it's done in the driveshaft angle thread. Oh that's right because you can't. lol

I already gave my checks and x's on the driveshaft angle thread. And, Duane, a filter won't stop particles that are already inside the trans passages. Why can't you give a little more thought to your posts? You sound a little too willing to allow people to make mistakes that involve removing the trans to fix; because when valves hang up, it can destroy clutches and bands; and anything that needs lube. Kind of uncaring and destructive, I'd say.

I already gave my checks and x's on the driveshaft angle thread. And, Duane, a filter won't stop particles that are already inside the trans passages. Why can't you give a little more thought to your posts? You sound a little too willing to allow people to make mistakes that involve removing the trans to fix; because when valves hang up, it can destroy clutches and bands; and anything that needs lube. Kind of uncaring and destructive, I'd say.
I would never tell anyone not to clean everything spic and span.

You don’t have to remove the trans to fix a dirty valve body, but I get your point.
But I have rebuilt units with rust on the parts.
It just take more time to clean and prep, but it can be done and they will run.

just go crawl back under a bridge and stay there .

You have not pointed out one fact that he has done wrong. You have assumed and speculated. You said he took the servo apart for no reason. The spring was broken, it had to be changed. You said the retainer was installed upside down, I can see how that picture looks that way, but he has it right.
I have seen you in a better mood and be helpful and I’ve given you credit for that.
But I have not seen that side of you so far in this thread, only unjustified criticism.
You are capable of helping, I’ve seen you do it, you just need to change your tone and be helpful. Comments you made about types of cleaners you like to use are very helpful.
And like Jpar had said, what really matters is does it run when you put it back together.
Doing things a different way than you do, does not make it wrong.
LOL.,
Man you guys don't miss a thing LOL...
Give me week to take care of family stuff and we'll be back at this transmission :thumbsup:
personal protection equipment is important!

6BF97F1E-1344-4137-9DCF-8C8DFAF39A6A.jpeg

"You don’t have to remove the trans to fix a dirty valve body, but I get your point.
But I have rebuilt units with rust on the parts.
It just take more time to clean and prep, but it can be done and they will run."
EXACTLY.....it's not worth rebuilding because it's going to take more work UNDER THE CAR after it's installed. How many times do you want to take apart the valve body to clean the damn thing? And we haven't even gotten to the part about cleaning THIS particular valve body. Rebuilding a trans with this much rust is a waste of time. Even trying to rebuild it is just bad advice. Let's see if he's even going to be able to get all the valves out of the casting; which I doubt. I've worked with plenty of transs with less rust and the vb's weren't worth anybody's time to clean. TF's are just too cheap to start with a pos unit like this. I like to rebuild them then not have to work on them after they're installed. Maybe it sounds like a fun challenge to make this rustbucket work, but that gets old real quick; I don't recommend it.

CL FBMP OfferUp Who did your homework in school? Your sister or your mom? I recently bought 4 727; all 71-78 for $100 off CL. That's $25 each...need a citation for that too?

-
Back