easy prep meals

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
hey guys, im gonna be doing some more cooking around here, and so im looking for some easy prep recipes that can feed the family

if you got crock pot meals, lets hear it too

thanks guys

If you have a smartphone download an app called Allrecipes. I use it quite a bit to find crockpot stuff

I'm the king of easy crock pot stuff. Throw the stuff in the pot in the AM, done when we get home. I have to make enough for me and the wife, and the resident 17 yr. old that is a damn food vacuum.
One I like to make, is the frozen turkey loaves. If you have a 'flat' crock, not the taller ones, two loaves sit side by side. I usually dump a can of extra gravy in so they don't get crusty on top. Throw em in frozen, turn on low, let em cook all day.
I usually make a bag or two of instant mashed taters. They make this kind in bunch of different flavors. Boil 4 (or 8) cups of water, dump the taters in, stir, done. A can or two of corn (or boil up frozen, I like those better). More than enough gravy for the taters.

Potatoes.jpg

TurkeyLoaf.jpeg

Walmart also has these roast 'kits', they aren't too bad.

roast.jpeg

Dirt poor college meal. Can of chili and a box of mac & cheese. Prepare seperately and combine in chili pot. Dish it out and bust out that new roll of toilet paper.
Cream of chicken soup baked over pillsbury pop and bake biscuits. Crumble some bacon on top. No salt needed...gasp water!
Twice baked potatoes. Bake and Hollow out split potato amd mash the whites, put back into halves and stuff some cheese and whatever else you got laying around and bake for a few until the skins get crispy.

Another easy crock pot one: Frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts, big jar of spaghetti sauce in the crock in the AM. Boil up some spaghetti after work, chicken/sauce on top of the spaghetti. If you're feeling adventurous, pull the breasts out and fry, grill, broil... whatever, and sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese. 'Poor mans garlic bread'.. plain bread in the toaster, butter heavily, sprinkle on garlic powder, and salt if you like salt. Side with green beans or peas.

Easy BBQ crock pot sandwiches: Thawed chicken, pork or beef roast. If you use a roast, slice it up. In the crock, bottle of your fav bbq sauce. Cook all day. Shred it in the crock. I usually buy some nice big buns (yeah, I said nice big buns, you pervs on here), butter them and brown them in a hot pan. I usually put a slice of sharp cheddar on the bottom piece of the bun to hold the juice so they don't get too soggy.

1/2 stick of butter, 3/4 cup >finely< grated Parmigino-Regigiano (or your choice of hard cheese ) 1 cup pasta water
Pasta of you choice into boiling water, when almost done take 1 cup of pasta water and put into sauce pan. Add butter and melt, SLOWLY add cheese and STIR all the while. When all the cheese is into the pan, take the pasta directly from the pot to the sauce pan. Toss it around and enjoy. 15 minutes pot to you face ..Pasta Alfredo like in Italy ..NO nasty cream. :) ..... I add some crushed red pepper flakes, but that's me. You'll find your own additives over time. Man I love to cook.:thumbsup:

im looking for some easy prep recipes that can feed the family

I have a recipe-a-day book that covers an entire year you can have for the price of shipping. It's from the original Crock Pot people and is mostly super-simple. Throw everything in the crock pot, turn it on, and come back later with an appetite. PM me if interested.

Last edited:
For instant potatoes these are the best I have found. We do them occasionally, one regular size package is just right for two.

upload_2020-1-11_14-29-21.jpeg

Spam burger, BB sauce and coleslaw on the best bun you have. You can throw a sweet pickle in the pile if you'd like. Fries and a Coke. The kids loved it, 9 and up.

Man, I haven't had spam in many many years... got a taste for it now!

Man, I haven't had spam in many many years... got a taste for it now!
Get the low sodium stuff. The regular stuff is bad for your heart. Ask you cardiologist. Don't have one? You will if you keep eating all that sodium. Ask me how I know. LOL

I just started a pot of chili. It takes 20 min. to brown the hamburger and while that is happening I dice the onion, rinse the beans and fill the crock pot. 30 min. tops total prep time. Sometimes I make it the day before and heat it back up the next day. It's always better the day after it's made. A quick pan of cornbread or Frito's corn chips make it good.

I just started a pot of chili. It takes 20 min. to brown the hamburger and while that is happening I dice the onion, rinse the beans and fill the crock pot. 30 min. tops total prep time. Sometimes I make it the day before and heat it back up the next day. It's always better the day after it's made. A quick pan of cornbread or Frito's corn chips make it good.

i do like chili

ever make corn cakes from jiffy corn ?
that stuff is good (put a little bit of honey in the mix to sweeten them up)

hey guys, im gonna be doing some more cooking around here, and so im looking for some easy prep recipes that can feed the family

if you got crock pot meals, lets hear it too

thanks guys

Very easy creamed corn recipe I got from a co worker after a pot lunch....

1 lb of frozen corn (or corn off the cob)
1 block of Phily cream cheese

Put in crock pot and then add a little salt and pepper...

Ratio is one brick of cream cheese to one pound of corn... Add a little salt and pepper and you're done...

Very easy creamed corn recipe I got from a co worker after a pot lunch....

1 lb of frozen corn (or corn off the cob)
1 block of Phily cream cheese

Put in crock pot and then add a little salt and pepper...

Ratio is one brick of cream cheese to one pound of corn... Add a little salt and pepper and you're done...
my little girl is the pickiest eater
she might like that one

-
Back