ebay 69 gts convert-- ??

-

VDART

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Dart-GT-Convertible-VERY-RARE-Real-GT-Convertible-Only-1-of-264-Factory-AC-Car-4-Speed-/321258346250?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4acc7d570a&item=321258346250&pt=US_Cars_Trucks"]Very RARE Real GT Convertible Only 1 of 264 Factory AC Car 4 Speed Restored 318 | eBay[/ame]

just seen this sorry if it has already been posted.

I quickly glanced through it & for the coin asking have serious issues with the car.

really like the red over spray on the inner p/s wheel well-- anyhow did any of you make the declined offer?
Lawrence

He seems about $10,000 too high for his hybrid/cross pollination of a GT and GTS. I like how many things are not working, or he can find you the replacement parts (not included), and how he tries to draw it along with a 383 GTS convertible. This guys doesn't know there is a difference between RARE and DESIRABLE. This is looking like a slapped together paint it quick with resale red Dart GT that was done by a Chevy muscle car dealer with a bit of Mopar knowledge. It would make a nice driver, but that price is waaaay too high.

Nice car but far from correct and $26K.

Just look at his screen name ..."camarokidrsss"....that means he's a Chuby boy and don't Mopars from beans!...and it shows!

Just look at his screen name ..."camarokidrsss"....that means he's a Chuby boy and don't Mopars from beans!...and it shows!

yep, I blew beer thru my nose, when I read he put the scoops on as a reference to a GTS, idiot.

Is the trim on the scoops right? They seem to not match at the top of the scoop. Where do these people come up with these production numbers? I like how he hasn't fixed the heater cause he only drives it with the top down. Many times I drive my 67 with the top down and the heater on high, because it's too nice out to put the top up but there is a little evening chill setting in the air.

Is the trim on the scoops right? They seem to not match at the top of the scoop. Where do these people come up with these production numbers? I like how he hasn't fixed the heater cause he only drives it with the top down. Many times I drive my 67 with the top down and the heater on high, because it's too nice out to put the top up but there is a little evening chill setting in the air.

if you look at the wheel well trim, you'll see it's glue on plastic. the scoop trim may be the same.

Looking at the painted over corrosion on the axle housing and the poor condition of the fender tag makes me suspicious of how much body putty lies beneath that red paint. There is barely a visible body line around the fender lips and the trim is totally wrong and tacked on.
I see the auction has been pulled......maybe he's readjusting the price?!?!?!?!?!? LOL

Relisted with a starting bid of 24K.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Dart-GT-Convertible-/321265162447?vxp=mtr"]Very RARE Real GT Convertible Only 1 of 264 Factory AC Car 4 Speed Restored 318 | eBay[/ame]

Big deal...he lowered it a whole $2G

He should start with a bid of $500...then when it sells, THATS what it's worth!

Anyone notice the drivers door has no wedge, that verts are supposed to have???...must be a hardtop replacement.

There are so many things wrong, there's no time to list'em!...and he wants $24K up for that lipstick-bedazzled pig??? Hope the buyer's blind!

With all the gauges hanging under the dash(looks like a gas gauge on the left side of the steering column)I would venture a guess that none of the dash gauges work.

That thing is a turd wrapped in aluminium foil

That's a typical slapped together pile painted bright red and all dolled up.
I would love to see what's really under the paint.
The fender tag and rear end is brutally pitted, it's hard for me to believe that the rest of the car was any different when they started.
The driver's rear quarter looks like they used a front fender lip to repair it, it looks like the same contour. The stripe is all wrong and is too high on the quarter anyway. The wheel lip trim is brutal and so are the scoops.
I don't like the rallye wheels on a '69 but that's just me.
I can't believe the engine compartment isn't painted black.
Yeah, your typical chevy guy trying to sell a mopar to buy more chevys.
It's worth maybe half of what he's asking imho.

-
Back