ebay h-beam rods?

-
Define " MoPar kind of budget ".
If you want to do it cheaply , then you should be building a small block Chev.
I'm also on a MoPar kind of budget........R-3 and W-9's.
Which is why it has taken three years to get this far. :D
If you are doing a budget build they might be fine , but I would have them thoroughly checked out before I installed them.
For not a ton more , you can step into a known quantity i.e. K-1's , Eagle , Scat , Compstar etc..
I guess it would depend on what else is going into the motor to justify cutting a corner here.......if you have a lot of money in cam , valve train and heads then I wouldn't start getting chintzy with the bottom end.

I have a set of those H beam rods in our 71 Dart 360, been racing with them for over 5 yrs now.....

They look like an Eagle rod. The Eagles are Chinese forgings machined here. These may be the same forgings machined in China. Who knows.

No chebby motors for me thank you. By "mopar kind of budget" I mean having to shop for the best price of good parts which is why I was wondering if the H-beams rods from ebay were any good. It would be nice to find a good deal every once in awhile you know?

No chebby motors for me thank you. By "mopar kind of budget" I mean having to shop for the best price of good parts which is why I was wondering if the H-beams rods from ebay were any good. It would be nice to find a good deal every once in awhile you know?

I can't disagree with you.
But the best deal isn't always the best price.
If you have a lot of money tied up in good parts everywhere else , then I don't know where I'd start looking for savings.
But it wouldn't be with the rotating assembly.
If it is a budget build and nothing exotic , then I'd consider something like these but would have them checked over thoroughly before I installed them.
MoPar kind of budget could mean anything up to a blown Hemi with unobtanium innards and alcohol or octane tinged exhaust aroma.
Not everybody who does MoPar is a cheap bastard.......and I am not implying that you are either.
Like any other hobby or interest , we set our own levels.
Then usually strive for more.
Good luck with your build.

They look like an Eagle rod. The Eagles are Chinese forgings machined here. These may be the same forgings machined in China. Who knows.

Not an Eagle rod....Eagle weight in around 690 grams...these weight in at 630 grams..just your standard Chinese h beam rod...

I just bought a set about a month ago. Every one of them weighed 630 grams. The wrist pin bushings came tight on mine so they had to be honed. (not a bad thing). Planning on a 550hp build.

I used these in my TT Engine. They look like Scat's. 1 thing that happened with mine was the Pin was not honed to size. I had Brian at IMM take care of it when he did the machine work. The seller gave me back $80.00 for the trouble. They do look the same as the OP's link.

Buy these and when the pins don't fit you can get 80.00 back. It only takes a few minutes to hone them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-beam-750H...e-/190309104214?forcev4exp=true#ht_2494wt_980

These rods are fine. People are using them with good results and I have not read of 1 Failure. Just about every rod made is manufactured out of the country.

I Have K-1's In Mine.
Scat's Are Good Too.
But Like Mentioned Above You Have To Go With What Your Budget Will Allow.

like he said at least have them magnafluxed for cracks and e bay has new rules your not happy start a case 3 strikes your out for selling you junk there there cleaning garage sale junkers out i bought a mopar they sent me a ford THINK I WAS PISSED never bought a bad product here nor would i ever sell 1 i wouldnt use myself used is old dirty but works junk is JUNK TRO IT AWAY or give it to some 1 to fix dont sell it to them and tell them its used slightly when you mean abused to death

-
Back