eBay - seller 11karkrazy complete front end suspension rebuild kit

-

cudajames

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anybody used 11karkrazy on ebay for front end suspension rebuild kit?

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-1965-1966-1967-PLYMOUTH-BARRACUDA-FRONT-END-SUSPENSION-MASTER-REBUILD-KIT-/371070269601?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item566582f8a1&vxp=mtr#ht_1318wt_1124"]1964 1965 1966 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Front End Suspension Master Rebuild Kit | eBay[/ame]

Looks like it has all the parts you would need and great feedback rating

Anybody have any experience?

thanks

I would wonder what brand/who made those?

It also has some conflicting information.

It shows idler arm in the picture. Then below in the first paragraph states in red, "this kit does not include idler arm". Then in the list of parts below it, states that it includes idler arm... WTF??? Does it, or doesn't it???

You will still need to buy the upper control arm bolts/cams, a pitman arm, along with the idler arm. So it is not a fully complete kit.

Also, I don't like their "return policy"... Or shall we say, "NO RETURN POLICY".

More conflicting information. They say that you can return the parts. Then state that you cannot return any parts that have been installed. They will only accept parts in their original packaging. --->>> then the killer - They won't accept partial returns! <<<---

So if you get part way through your front end rebuild, and find a problem with just ONE of the parts - and have already installed just one - YOU CANNOT RETURN IT!

So, basically it is a 'NO RETURN' return policy...

Here is the cut and paste of the return policy:

RETURN POLICY DETAILS:

WE ACCEPT RETURNS WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM DATE OF RECEIPT BY CUSTOMER. WE DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS FOR ANY ITEMS THAT HAVE BEEN INSTALLED OR DAMAGED. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PARTIAL RETURNS. PRODUCTS MUST BE IN THEIR ORIGINAL PACKAGING. PLEASE E-MAIL US FOR A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER AND A RETURN SHIPPING ADDRESS BEFORE RETURNING. A 20% RESTOCKING FEE MAY BE CHARGED. BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL SHIPPING CHARGES. PRODUCTS MUST BE RETURNED WITHIN 7 CALENDAR DAYS AFTER RECEIPT OF RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER OR RETURN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.

But if they ARE quality parts by QUALITY manufacturers (Perfect Circle, Moog, etc.) it is a great deal. But there is no way of telling if those are good quality parts or just cheapo Chinese crap.

I tried a "complete" front end kit once way back in the day. Wasn't as happy with the parts as I was with the individual MOOG parts that I bought for other cars from the local parts store - and that kit was from one of the more known suspension vendors who is still in business today.

I reached out to them about the brand of parts;
"The older the stuff gets the less likely we will see parts made in the good old USA! Not our idea, but nothing we can do about it. We have searched for many years to find the best manufacturers for our parts. The good news is that all parts that we sell must meet or exceed the original auto makers O.E.M. specifications. We do not sell any second rate parts and you won't find higher quality. I would recommend you looking at our reviews, we have thousands of satisfied customers-these are great kits! "

I glanced through the reviews and found one for a 2nd gen Barracuda. He is correct, there are a ton of positive reviews. Seems legit

On returns, if you use paypal there is buyer protection which would be on top of eBay's protection.

his reply is nice but really tells you nothing. the cheapest part from china says they meet or exceed OEM specs...lol

I don't like preassembled kits with anything. Suspension, engine, transmission....nuthin. Buying a preassembled kit locks you into what someone else wants to put in the kit. Damn that. Is it really worth savin a buck to get some cheap bullcrap?

I'd be a little suspicious too. It says the kit fits 64-67 A bodies. Anybody who knows anything about Mopars knows the 67's take a special idler arm and they always charge more for the one year only part. Also, it is a good idea to use the Moog offset upper control arm bushings so that you can get the correct alignment on your old car. I'd spend a few extra bucks and piece the kit together yourself using older Moog pieces. That way anything can be returned if it's not right, and you're getting better quality than the newer stuff that's coming out of China.

I've used a set from him for my 66 dart. I did feel that the tie rod end sleeves were on the cheaper side, so I re-used the original sleeves. (later to be upgraded to the C body style of tierod and sleeves). I also went with the offset bushings. I mainly wanted to get the balljoints.

ball joint uppers = fair, they were stone b$tch to get all the way in. but they ARE tight
ball joint lowers felt tight and looked decently made.
tie rods= fair (but I'm changing out to the bigger ones later after I put 1k or so on the car)
sleeves= crap use originals of you can
sleeve lock downs = crap use originals if you can
bushings looked ok and fit well for use not super good quality but not as bad as some I have seen.
they pressed in nice and tight. then I remembered I wanted the offset bushings for more adjustment:banghead:

his reply is nice but really tells you nothing. the cheapest part from china says they meet or exceed OEM specs...lol

yeah, I've seen many "cost reductions" go through OEM that were supposed to be "as good or better than the part it replaces"....

Most/all of the "changes' were NOT "as good or better than the original part it replaced" and just barely met the durability requirements.

Would you rather have an aluminum or plastic intake manifold?

Would you like to run a 1/8" thinner single row timing chain?

Have you noticed that there is no more tint on the top 4" of the windshield? Another cost reduction. And they didn't decrease the cost of the car when they got the savings....

Yeah, I've heard the "quality" song and dance many times.....

I bought the kit and as a whole, very good. The mechanic who did thework was satisfied and happy with the quality. So it is recommended

It was a good thing that the frontend was rebuilt, all the bushings wereheavily worn and some were missing. Someparts had rusted together. Two of the cambolts snapped during removal. Obviouslythe frontend had never been rebuilt or loved in 48 years.

Glad the work was done. Car is daysaway from being completed and on the road

I bought the kit and as a whole, very good. The mechanic who did thework was satisfied and happy with the quality. So it is recommended

It was a good thing that the frontend was rebuilt, all the bushings wereheavily worn and some were missing. Someparts had rusted together. Two of the cambolts snapped during removal. Obviouslythe frontend had never been rebuilt or loved in 48 years.

Glad the work was done. Car is daysaway from being completed and on the road

Any brand manes on the parts or boxes? Big test is to see how long they actually last.

-
Back