ecu box and coil

-

beerboy

Reaction score
can an ecu box or coil bum out from extreme cold or from sitting since November? I had a 1970 duster 340 with a dual point dist.ignition and not up on the electrical ignition stuff. car cranks but no spark

I have the orange box, that I removed from the side inner fender and scraped and sanded paint for ground , nothing better, whats the best box to use and where can I get it? remember I am new to this

Pm trailbeast you can get rid of all that crap and do his hei conversion pretty cheap. Or read under his name.

what do you mean with hei conversion and whats it consist of doing??? again new to all this new ignition stuff

It gets rid of your ecu, ballast resistor, some old wiring, and produces a much nicer and hotter spark. Do a search on this sight and read about it please.

can an ecu box or coil bum out from extreme cold or from sitting since November? I had a 1970 duster 340 with a dual point dist.ignition and not up on the electrical ignition stuff. car cranks but no spark

NO

Search some of my posts. Been written hundreds of times how to troubleshoot

ECU MUST be grounded

Bad connections

Distributor gap

on and on

Search

I'm tired of typing tonight.

Search "ready-to-run" HEI distributor here. Only $45 for your engine (ebay). Works for many people here, but no go if you shun anything from China.

Before that, try grounding the ECU case, as suggested. Also, get an in-line spark tester (cheap at Harbor Freight). If you see spark flashes, try spraying starter fluid down the throat. As is, you are "flying blind" and just running down your starter and battery.

tried 2 plugs with an inline tester, no flash - no spark. going to try another ecu box tomorrow scraped paint where box mounts to inner fender. still no start, so going with a fresh box

-
Back