Edelbrock Air Gap on Magnum 318 Problems

-
I went with the blue cam and kept working my way up squirter size until I settled on a .040 squirter with a hollow squirter screw.
It's running pretty good now. It's pretty well night and day to before. Before, it wouldn't take throttle quickly off idle. Now, it almost feels good. I have a little stumble below 1500 rpm. I could have went to a bigger squirter but decided to drive it some before going any farther.
The secondaries work great so I left everything stock in the rear.
If my car was automatic, I probably wouldn't have any stumble now.

Make sure the acc pump is properly adjusted, Look down carb and make sure it shoots immedately, mine you had to move linkage a good half inch till it squirted, once I realized what was going on it made all the diffrence. I think you have a easy fix once you find the actual problem.

Double check how much clearance you have at WOT with the carb off, between the linkage and the front pump squirter, set it will fealer gauges.
You may also need to open the rear butterflys and close the fronts for more response.
Do you have a Holley book? It explains this in detail.
I just noticed you are in Sutton, you are close to me, I am in Clarksburg.

I have a Holley book and then bought a tuning guide from 4secondsflat. I like your idea about opening the secondaries a bit, never thought of that.
Yep, I'm in sutton not far at all from clarksburg.

I have a Holley book and then bought a tuning guide from 4secondsflat. I like your idea about opening the secondaries a bit, never thought of that.
Yep, I'm in sutton not far at all from clarksburg.

Read in detail on setting the front pump shot up and the adjustment on the rear.
Opening the seconderies will help with the duration of the cam.

You may also need to open the rear butterflys and close the fronts for more response.
A lot of people,never learn this trick,good suggestion.

The worst part about my secondaries is getting to the adjustment screw. I need to do some modification there. The last time I adjusted it, I had to remove the carburetor.

Got the secondary idle conversion and installed it yesterday. Now, I just need to get it out of the garage sometime and try tuning it.

-
Back