Edelbrock heads: Adjustable rockers needed?

-
Yep. More than likely you will.

Ive been running these heads since the first year they came out. I ran Crane golds first time around. Then switched to Comp steel magums. Last rebuild - 2yrs ago we milled the pockets to improve the geometry. No matter what rocker you run, you MUST MUST MUST check the sweep over the valve tip. If something isnt right, it may take a while before you have an issue. Don't take chances and don't use cheap crap parts. Save up for the good stuff.
That being said, the good stuff breaks too. Like my comp steel retainers that were heat treated improperly and restulted in a dripped valve and a cracked block on a fresh stroker. They replaced retainers and told be to scratch for the rest. - rant off.

That being said, the good stuff breaks too. Like my comp steel retainers that were heat treated improperly and restulted in a dripped valve and a cracked block on a fresh stroker. They replaced retainers and told be to scratch for the rest. - rant off.
Ouch....

Run what you have and upgrade later. Its not like its something that is hard to change out.
Someone mentioned higher spring rates punching the pushrod through the rocker. I have seen that a few times in stock engines so im sure the risk is greater when you go to higher spring pressure.

Ive been running these heads since the first year they came out. I ran Crane golds first time around. Then switched to Comp steel magums. Last rebuild - 2yrs ago we milled the pockets to improve the geometry. No matter what rocker you run, you MUST MUST MUST check the sweep over the valve tip. If something isnt right, it may take a while before you have an issue. Don't take chances and don't use cheap crap parts. Save up for the good stuff.
:BangHead:

-
Back