edelbrock heads

-
That 'very little work' appears to cost about $800.....As said, those numbers are not for the basic EQ heads that are in the same price ballpark as the OOTB Edelbrock RPM Performers.... you're comparing the upper end, highly ported EQ's that cost a lot more like the 2.055" intakes or the Stealths.

And please show us where you can get ANY pair of EQ's WITH springs for $1000.....it's not like the rest of us can't read the Hughes website. Now if you CAN show me where to get them for that price, I will join the stampede! LOL

http://magnummopar.com/eq-cylinder-...m-v8-stock-replacement-stage-2-free-shipping/ I can sell them for $1049 if you want to pick them up....

From Hughes site their prepped magnum heads that run to 277 cfm @.500 cost $2149 which is a lot more than a standard LA edelbrock which again according to Hughes flow 253 @ .500 out of the box.

Again according to hughes the standard EQ head at .500 flow with a 1.92 227 cfm these will cost you $1156
http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...24=&searchmode=partnumber&page=1&partid=25702

With a 2.02 @.500 they will flow 247 cfm which again from hughes fitted with their approapriate 1110 spring kit will cost you $1330

All getting pretty close in price to LA eddy heads

Dont know what numbers you are quoting but here is where I got the numbers. STOCK EQ 252 @ .500 which is more than Magnum Edelbrocks listed at 240 @.500 and the same as LA Edelbrocks at 253@ .500

http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/5theironrammagnumstylehead.php

EQs are not a better head than the RPMs. They are similar and cheaper than RPMs. In terms of getting a set of heads to my quality expectation, and bolted to a running engine, EQs end up about $300 cheaper, and a solid 50lbs heavier than RPMs. At this level they would flow pretty much the same (minimal cleanup as part of the valve job), and the EQs are limited in cam size by available springs, and need more pricey rockers where the RPMs in most applications are not. Two separate intended uses IMO. EQs are for mild or stock Magnum replacement. RPMS could be that, or more depending on the prep.

EQ's are for mild or stock Magnum replacement? Ok, sure.... but Hughes doesnt think so. I guess you guys know more than guys that have a lifetime of experience building Mopars, a flow bench and dyno to back up their claims?

http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/5theironrammagnumstylehead.php

scroll all the way down to bottom to read this quote

" 3) If you want to build serious power and have a budget (a what???), these heads
ported fully will build as much horsepower as any heads available (at this time)
without resorting to offset rocker arms."

I guess Dave (nor I) know **** about anything mopar.

I have been selling Edelbrock crap since mid 80's, well, until I quit selling it due to serious quality control issues and the worst customer support in the industry. Half the Edelbrock heads I have sold needed a complete valve job, the others just needed 1/2 a complete valve job. Not good for a shop to tell the customer, "your new $1500 heads need $375 so you can use them. " or when they bolt them on and return in a few days billowing blue oil smoke out the exhaust. I have not had any issues with EQ.

Lets stick to the original topic Edelbrock heads not iron heads:violent1::violent1::violent1:

The current EQ head offering reminds me of the same argument being tossed around as with the other iron head worth considering, though expensive, it's performance ceiling is as legendary and famous as its name. W2

Lets stick to the original topic Edelbrock heads not iron heads:violent1::violent1::violent1:

You can have your edelbrock heads and your thread, just offered a less expensive alternative that might not have been known to the OP before I was bashed for not being able to read and that I dont know my own career. I did find the discrepency in flow numbers, Hughes has listed different flow numbers for EQ in two different spots on their site. The real flow # on stock EQ is [email protected]" not .227". I can prove the EQ with 1.92" will flow exactly the same as edelbrock with 2.02 meaning they flow better OOTB. And yes, I get $800 to "prep" heads from Hughes is expensive but have any that commented ever ported a head? Evar eve seen EQ in person? My guess is not.

OP sorry I "hi jacked" your thread trying to beat crowd back, not my intention. I was simply offering what I presume to be a better deal, unless of course you attracted to the bling factor, in which case enjoy them brightening up the engine bay:D Please have them checked by a competent machinist for your own sake.

And for any other new Edelbrock owners trying to OOTB install, here is a trick for checking the guides, smack the valve spring/retainer w a plastic dead blow hammer and listen to the sound, tight guides sound different. To check for valve leaks, put in sparkplug, flip over and fill chamber with water...look for leaks, excentric valve seat or chatter burs will leak water. Just something I learned in 20 years putting them together.

You can have your edelbrock heads and your thread, just offered a less expensive alternative that might not have been known to the OP before I was bashed for not being able to read and that I dont know my own career. I did find the discrepency in flow numbers, Hughes has listed different flow numbers for EQ in two different spots on their site. The real flow # on stock EQ is [email protected]" not .227". I can prove the EQ with 1.92" will flow exactly the same as edelbrock with 2.02 meaning they flow better OOTB. And yes, I get $800 to "prep" heads from Hughes is expensive but have any that commented ever ported a head? Evar eve seen EQ in person? My guess is not.

OP sorry I "hi jacked" your thread trying to beat crowd back, not my intention. I was simply offering what I presume to be a better deal, unless of course you attracted to the bling factor, in which case enjoy them brightening up the engine bay:D Please have them checked by a competent machinist for your own sake.

And for any other new Edelbrock owners trying to OOTB install, here is a trick for checking the guides, smack the valve spring/retainer w a plastic dead blow hammer and listen to the sound, tight guides sound different. To check for valve leaks, put in sparkplug, flip over and fill chamber with water...look for leaks, excentric valve seat or chatter burs will leak water. Just something I learned in 20 years putting them together.

Not my thread.but if your happy with iron heads good for you as far as flow numbers go really not important threw out the flow sheet on mine, but if i recall it was more then those eq's are flowing with minimal work, thats for sure..as far as the bling factor not really Edelbrocks are 50lbs lighter then those iron heads,and have wayyyyyyyyyyyy more room for improvements..iron vs aluminum i'll take aluminum everytime..unless we're talking about a nicely set up pair of W-2'S:D:D

It's a good idea to have anything new out of the box checked out. Edelbrock doesn't have a lock on that.

-
Back