Edelbrock Thunder Series AVS?

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Hey i am looking into buying this carburetor in the 650cfm electric choke setup, i currently have a Holley Street Avenger 675cfm and was wondering if i was going to see a drop in performance with this carb and if anybody has it..
my combo is basically this...
s.b. 360
Ported X heads
Hydraulic Comp Cam .511 lift
air gap intake
TTI Headers going into 2.5 inch exhaust all the way out
MSD ignition everything
P.S. its either this carb or just keeping what i have now, but the main reason i am getting this carb is to hopefully get a little better fuel economy without sacrificing performance/responsiveness since i currently am getting 12mpg on the freeway and its killing me

I would say to stick with what you got. i have run a number of both these style of carbs and there isnt a real performance or economy difference between them. unless you had a raced out dominator then tried to put on a standard afb or something crazy like that. the holley has more tuning and performance parts in the aftermarket but for what your looking to do a simple jetting change might help you out a bit. get a wideband O2 setup and see where you sit ratio wise. im not sure how much better you will get with that potent combo though.

The avenger is a bigger and better carb. But, you may look into some tuning and tricks to get the MPGs up.

What is your converter stalling at and your gear ratio and tire size?

the tire size is 26.5 inches i have 3.55's in now but i am putting in 3.23's and the convertor stalls at 2500rpm, ya thats what i thought i think i am just going to stick with what i have now and maybe go to Goodies Speed Shop which is nearby where they have an in house dyno and tuning services. i mean i may see a improvement with a tune but swapping out diff. to a longer gear will help me regardless it just sucks that i have to do the swap i really really really REALLY liked the 3.55's

-
Back