edelbrock to holley conversion

-
Well my holley is in and it didn't want to run well with the PCV not hooked up:) Once I remembered to put it back on the idle came down and just needed a tweak on the mixture screws, adjusted the timing a little, had to put in a new throttle cable. The throttle cable needed changed even before the new carb. I haven't had a chance to get it out yet. It does idle and rev with no hesitation or issues. I'll update on how it runs and such. I do plan on getting the Holley kit with all the jets and such. I know I need to get rid of the Accel coil:) Also I will get my engine cleaned up again too:)

P5070069 (Medium).JPG

Did you take stock of the size jets in the primary and secondary metering block? What power valves did it have?

I don't even know Ramcharger, I just bolted it on and that's it. I think If It doesn't perform better than the eddy then I will tear it open and start checking the jets and powervalve sizing.

Update: Well, In a thread on ignition I explained that my coil was giving me fits and I thought it was the holley dp I just put on. Me being such a good troubleshooter I went out and got me a 670 street avenger (thankyou IRS)with vac secondaries thinking everyone was right about the mechanical secondaries not bieng good for a street car. Well, Once I got the new carb on I realized it was not the issue and got the coil issues straightened out. I'm still tuning in the secondaries on the avenger and I may have to go a little bigger on jetting. My plugs are almost on the lean side. I am going to drive it awhile and see what they look like. I want to thank everyone for their input. I do like the electric choke and troublefree install of the avenger. Not sure on the performance side of it yet though. I still have to get my distributor fixed and a better cam, and 3.55 gears and a stall converter, and frame ties, and a performance 904 tranny......that's it. Should have her done in about 5 years. Then I can start on the body work I screwed up the first time. I am such a slacker:) Oh, and I want to go through the underhood wiring and fix up the rats nest of wires:) Thanks again everyone and keep making FABO the best.

-
Back