Edelbrock TR5

-
Cam is a custom grind from racer brown 254/254 575/575 on a 106. Really fast lobe. Trick flow 190 heads. 10.5 comp .038 squish.
360?
But that's the best damned street tunnel ram ever made......That's why Edelbrock called "Street Tunnel Ram". They were badass.....and still are when you can find them.
Bingo!

Over 7000ish RPM with a 340 it’s going to struggle. On a 400 plus inch engine it will have issues above 6500 RPM.
Use the top rumble posted and turn the carbs sideways.
That’s a very good street intake.

That and cross section is the RPM limiter.

The cross section is pretty small on those intakes, so anything you can do to correct increase the cross section area, and get the correct taper, the higher the RPM will be.

This is the meet and potato’s I would be concerned with right now. I’m not sure if the OP’s CID, but the runners are small. This makes throttle response better. (Hence the name, “STR for Street Tunnel Ram.”)
However up top the rpm range, it’s the limiting factor. As mentioned, the cross sectional area total. The bigger the engine the harder time the intake has feeding it. Regardless, it should still perform really well.

360?

Bingo!

This is the meet and potato’s I would be concerned with right now. I’m not sure if the OP’s CID, but the runners are small. This makes throttle response better. (Hence the name, “STR for Street Tunnel Ram.”)
However up top the rpm range, it’s the limiting factor. As mentioned, the cross sectional area total. The bigger the engine the harder time the intake has feeding it. Regardless, it should still perform really well.
340. Compression As much as I could get out of the shortblock I had laying around.

360?

Bingo!

I’ll eventually do a mini stroker with the 340 block I have laying around at my shop. But I had this 340 shortblock for the combo in my earlier post at the house and I wanted to get a decent engine in the car with the 4 speed so I can start on body and paint.

Misc info !

20210918_070203.jpg

20210918_070155.jpg

I have a TR5 that I would sell. It has the tall top section though.

image000004(3).jpg

image000005(1).jpg

They still sell the top. Small block Chevy is the same piece. That is a great street intake with the short top. On my 68 dart, 340, 3.55s and 2800 converter, it was 2 tenths better than the rpm and 750 dp. Same 60 ft. Had two 69 340 Avs carbs on it.

They still sell the top. Small block Chevy is the same piece. That is a great street intake with the short top. On my 68 dart, 340, 3.55s and 2800 converter, it was 2 tenths better than the rpm and 750 dp. Same 60 ft. Had two 69 340 Avs carbs on it.
Where at? I can’t find a top only.

Sorry. My bad. Bought mine from summit a couple years ago. I just assumed they still made them. It was 135.00

-
Back