Edie: The Dart

-
Thanks for another Edie update. The way you tear things down makes this a great reference. (shows me spots I am sure mine has rust in that I will never be seeing). As a 'driveway builder' I really appreciate seeing how far you are taking this with simple shop setup etc. You must put in some crazy hours on this. I know how much I'm working on mine and I am not even scratching the surface compared to what your doing. I'd love to see this one in person. Maybe next year you can drive it to Carlisle?...

Glad I can help, I work 6-7 hours a day 5 days a week, I post up weekly progress if I feel there is enough photogenic material. Things are going back together quickly; Some areas I could have left together and hosed it with paint. Next time.

Can't wait to release it on the street.

Howdy y'all; back for another update, busy on other projects during the summer.

Got the trunk frame rails preped, and the floor laid down:

Here are some trunk drop off's:

Enjoy! :hello2:

Thanks Dion!

Here have the last of the body metal work:

Onto some seam cleaning and seam sealer! She's gonna be in primer soon! :prayer:

Here, have some more, y'all know I'm not slowing down until primer right? :burnout:

Figured out the rocker gap issue. The quarters fit like a glove to the jam and wheelhouse. Measurement verified.

I've finally ran out of reasons to not start putting panels back on. :)

awesome work. thanks for sharing all your fab work. its very inspiring :) the gas tank idea is great.

Got those door pillars and inner regulator sheet metal hung, and a few odd's and ends done.

Lower fender frame

Trunk lid frame

I'll finish that up next week.

Cheers.

Neat. I don't care what anyone says. Digging in for sure. You won't have to worry about it in the long run. I tried to bring myself to just getting my 74 done quick...seems like an eternity but finally getting some color. Keep up the good work. The color is awesome. I am curious to see how it turns out. I am thinking of getting an old D100 and doing it up in an orange for my brother and his son. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks for the kind words, I ain't stopping till it's done.

Here is the proposed color:

RSPAE2211-GL.jpg

SPI clear is in the works.

Welcome! I can't seem to find the camera memory card, I hung and fitted the quarters, they are pretty close to being ready for paint and welding on.

It's all down hill from here.... :blob:

....At least that's what I keep telling myself....

-
Back