electric cooling fan temp switch???

-

jonnydart440

Reaction score
So I have acquired an electric cooling fan, I have relays and in line fuses, I know exactly how to wire it up. All I need is the thermostatic switch to turn it on and off. I don't want to buy a "kit" from summit, jegs or speedway for $100. Does anyone have a part number for just the temp sensor/switch for an electric fan set up, or were get one?

I've been running one like this for 5-6 years. Pretty cheap
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/JEGS-Performance-Products-Adjustable-Temperature/dp/B007VR66CQ"]Amazon.com: JEGS Performance Products 52125 Adjustable Fan Temperature Switch: Automotive[/ame]

Maradyne MFA110 is $25 and the Hayden Automotive 3653 is $16.38 on Amazon.

I have pretty close to the same switch, but mine has a relay built into it as well as the switch itself.
I still ran an external relay to make sure my thermostatic switch didn't get damaged, because the relays are cheaper and available faster than the switch is if needed on short notice.

Wow! Thanks 1up! I wasn't even thinking about the radiator probe style, I forgot about those. I thought I had to get a coolant temp sensor in the block.

What I want to run a temp switch in the block? Anybody got a number for that?

What I want to run a temp switch in the block? Anybody got a number for that?

Does it need to be adjustable?
Sounds like you need a thermo fan switch if it doesn't need to be adjustable. Those are available in all kinds of temp ranges and NO/NC configurations. Some even come with dual range operation...

I got the Derale Single Fan Relay kit #16739 from Summit for $35. I'm sure you can purchase just the sender (switch). Works great. I've tried the adjustable versions too.

Install one in your block - not a probe in the radiator.

-
Back